Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

One of the features I’m most looking forward to using is the so called frunk. That being said, I just can’t imagine myself saying to friends and family, “hey, can you throw that case of beer in my frunk.” It just sounds horrible, lol.

Can we please find a new name? Who has suggestions? Please, anyone?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I like the idea, but I feel like Frunk is too well-established at this point.

Porsche owners have been calling it that for years.

"storage compartment" isn't very sexy....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah, I'd say frunk is pretty established. I think Rivian could differentiate their frunk through offering various accessories for tail-gating, camping, and other things that Tesla is not.

Some sort of front BBQ grill powered by the car would be pretty cool...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don’t disagree with you guys that “frunk” is established. It just sounds awful in my ears - like “moist”, lol. I’ll take just about anything else - front tub, cargo tub, anything.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Since the area is technically called the "Engine Bay", I wouldn't mind saying "Can you open the Bay" or similar. I think "frunk" is horrible and can certainly do better! I hear everyone saying "frunk is established"....but if you step out of the EV community, you'll see a large portion of the population still hasn't caught onto the lingo surrounding the EV group.

Or traditional..."pop the hood" or "pop the bonnet".

The compartment is still there and still holding something...doesnt mean the name needs to be weird.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since the area is technically called the "Engine Bay", I wouldn't mind saying "Can you open the Bay" or similar. I think "frunk" is horrible and can certainly do better! I hear everyone saying "frunk is established"....but if you step out of the EV community, you'll see a large portion of the population still hasn't caught onto the lingo surrounding the EV group.

Or traditional..."pop the hood" or "pop the bonnet".

The compartment is still there and still holding something...doesnt mean the name needs to be weird.

Agreed. The ev market isn’t so far established that this horrible term can’t be corrected.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts