Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have now reached the 1 year mark of Rivian accepting pre-orders for the R1S and R1T!

What's been surprising to me is that Rivian hasn't released pre-order numbers yet. I know they like to fly under the radar but it'd be great to know how many people have placed orders.

So since the numbers aren't out yet, I'm curious to know how long have people been waiting for their Rivian(s).

If you've placed a pre-order already, how long ago was it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. Pre ordered the R1S in Nov 2018, I think it was one day after AMZN invested. Would love to know as well!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. Pre ordered the R1S in Nov 2018, I think it was one day after AMZN invested. Would love to know as well!
Hi @RGuigley! We may not have detailed number yet but we now know that there's 10,000 pre-orders at least.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have now reached the 1 year mark of Rivian accepting pre-orders for the R1S and R1T!

What's been surprising to me is that Rivian hasn't released pre-order numbers yet. I know they like to fly under the radar but it'd be great to know how many people have placed orders.

So since the numbers aren't out yet, I'm curious to know how long have people been waiting for their Rivian(s).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not for sure but I not totally a rich bitch. But I now have a 2007 Lincoln truck which is great, also a 2009 Jeep rubicon which I also like, bought both new. But there was nothing worth the money till I read about rivian. When they become available I have daughter with young kids driving a six yr old unit, who knows about both will just have to see how things look. Towjon. What are you looking at?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not for sure but I not totally a rich bitch. But I now have a 2007 Lincoln truck which is great, also a 2009 Jeep rubicon which I also like, bought both new. But there was nothing worth the money till I read about rivian. When they become available I have daughter with young kids driving a six yr old unit, who knows about both will just have to see how things look. Towjon. What are you looking at?
I have my eyes on the R1T, I like the versatility of having a pickup and it looks to be more fun off-road than the R1S.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
It hurts I had my heart set on both one for myself and second for family/ daughters / husband and kids. I think it’s bit +- ten months for r1t and r1s for half that long, daughters family bin saving a lot because I told them I was only dumb enough to go half. They got the rivian bug almost as bad as I do.i
have a nephew that lives by factory and says no real sign of much other than working on inside of building and looks like big open space around first of the yr when got a look. Again I am 73 and like to use it for awhile before the game is done. Towjon

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It hurts I had my heart set on both one for myself and second for family/ daughters / husband and kids. I think it’s bit +- ten months for r1t and r1s for half that long, daughters family bin saving a lot because I told them I was only dumb enough to go half. They got the rivian bug almost as bad as I do.i
have a nephew that lives by factory and says no real sign of much other than working on inside of building and looks like big open space around first of the yr when got a look. Again I am 73 and like to use it for awhile before the game is done. Towjon
Which Rivian's are you and your daughter's family planning on getting @Towjon? R1S or R1T?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Which Rivian's are you and your daughter's family planning on getting @Towjon? R1S or R1T?
. I will get the rt1 over my son in law complaining he already has it fig at my age I be better of with The r1s,thinks he’s better suited, fig again for a 73 yr old.. I really disappointed it might be June of 2021.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
. I will get the rt1 over my son in law complaining he already has it fig at my age I be better of with The r1s,thinks he’s better suited, fig again for a 73 yr old.. I really disappointed it might be June of 2021.
Hopefully things speed up sooner than that. Apparently Rivian's employees are slowly getting back to work at the Normal plant.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered the R1t back in March of 2020.I may not be waiting as long as some of yall folks who where on top of the release date .....BUT IM SOO ANXIOUS...its like Christmas will come...it's just a surprise when ....😏🙃
The R1T has the manuvability I want from a car but in a truck package with compartment you just gotta love!!.a pleathure of simple accessories for outdoor usage of the truck..and going to see parks and waterfalls will def be some goals for me and this innovated piece of beauty.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ordered the R1t back in March of 2020.I may not be waiting as long as some of yall folks who where on top of the release date .....BUT IM SOO ANXIOUS...its like Christmas will come...it's just a surprise when ....😏🙃
The R1T has the manuvability I want from a car but in a truck package with compartment you just gotta love!!.a pleathure of simple accessories for outdoor usage of the truck..and going to see parks and waterfalls will def be some goals for me and this innovated piece of beauty.
Welcome to the forum @Shah! So far Christmas seems to be coming next summer based on the latest reports. Have you owned other EVs before or will the R1T be your first?

·
Registered
2 Posts

I ordered my R1T August 2019 Wating is the hardest part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
First! and 1 of the only I have trully concidered..never wanted the Tesla..so when I found out about this it took a week for me to regret why I didn't pre order it.interesting because I'm not into cars really.AANND THERES NO GAS EMMISIONS!!!😍

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
First! and 1 of the only I have trully concidered..never wanted the Tesla..so when I found out about this it took a week for me to regret why I didn't pre order it.interesting because I'm not into cars really.AANND THERES NO GAS EMMISIONS!!!😍
What made Rivian more appealing to you than Tesla?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts