Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
You know I think the hype of Tesla's was not anything I cared for.the electrical fact didn't appeal to me with Tesla...because I need my vehicle to carry all my "toys" .there's nothing against them..but rivian proprietary skateboard platform makes handling revolutionary to me..I'm excited to see how good the charge will be while camping.Unless some1 makes a off road vehicle with suspected specs like RIVIAN..I'm sticking with this bad boy!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You know I think the hype of Tesla's was not anything I cared for.the electrical fact didn't appeal to me with Tesla...because I need my vehicle to carry all my "toys" .there's nothing against them..but rivian proprietary skateboard platform makes handling revolutionary to me..I'm excited to see how good the charge will be while camping.Unless some1 makes a off road vehicle with suspected specs like RIVIAN..I'm sticking with this bad boy!
Depending on what kinds of stuff you bring with you when camping, the gear tunnel is going to be very handy for you. I agree with you about the hype. I find a lot of times the hype around Tesla isn't justified, especially when it involves Elon Musk going off the rails.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum @dc661! Is the R1S going to be your first EV?
Thank you. This will be my third actually. Had a 2016 Tesla Model X P90D and a 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance. Both sold now, but i miss them and cant wait to be electric again. How about you?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thanks @eHauler Heard very little from Rivian beyond some generic updates and info on some of the tours they were doing pre-covid. I got to go to the NYC event and that was really well done.
I was hoping Rivian did more while we wait. Keep us posted next time they get back to you.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thank you. This will be my third actually. Had a 2016 Tesla Model X P90D and a 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance. Both sold now, but i miss them and cant wait to be electric again. How about you?
The Rivian will be my first EV, I've been working on driving more efficient vehicles but I've gotten to the point where I need to make the jump to an EV.

Since you've owned Teslas, are you considering the Cybertruck at all?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Rivian will be my first EV, I've been working on driving more efficient vehicles but I've gotten to the point where I need to make the jump to an EV.

Since you've owned Teslas, are you considering the Cybertruck at all?
I was... until i saw it LOL. All kidding aside, its a pretty cool truck but i'm not sure i'm into the styling and i would rather have an SUV. If Tesla ever makes a proper mid/full size SUV (Model X does not count in my book), i'd consider that. I did have a great experience with Tesla. But I love the R1S styling inside and out. Its just beautiful all around.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I was... until i saw it LOL. All kidding aside, its a pretty cool truck but i'm not sure i'm into the styling and i would rather have an SUV. If Tesla ever makes a proper mid/full size SUV (Model X does not count in my book), i'd consider that. I did have a great experience with Tesla. But I love the R1S styling inside and out. Its just beautiful all around.
The R1S really is in a class of its own when you look at its styling with the Model X and Y. As for the Cybertruck, it's certainly something alright lol, I'm skeptical about how much the production model will look like the concept.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have now reached the 1 year mark of Rivian accepting pre-orders for the R1S and R1T!

What's been surprising to me is that Rivian hasn't released pre-order numbers yet. I know they like to fly under the radar but it'd be great to know how many people have placed orders.

So since the numbers aren't out yet, I'm curious to know how long have people been waiting for their Rivian(s).

If you've placed a pre-order already, how long ago was it?
I ordered a R1t in March of 2019, just a few days after I heard about it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey @K.Alqubaisi! What about the R1T made you decide to order one?
Everything. First, when you see the interior of the car you know it’s so special and really done good job who the made it so luxurious and futuristic. Second, the range one of the things that I care about, having a 400+ mile will be awesome. I like how Rivian been asking many people what problems they face on their cars and solve it, when you find that the company listen to what you want to have in your car that’s makes me pro order the car without a concern.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey @K.Alqubaisi! What about the R1T made you decide to order one?
Everything. First, when you see the interior of the car you know it’s so special and really done good job who the made it so luxurious and futuristic. Second, the range one of the things that I care about, having a 400+ mile will be awesome. I like how Rivian been asking many people what problems they face on their cars and solve it, when you find that the company listen to what you want to have in your car that’s makes me pro order the car without a concern.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
It really does seem like they've used customer feedback on how to approach their designs. Which can't be said for a lot of other car companies.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts