Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the software update to 2022.15.0 yesterday afternoon. Drove home and parked it. Got in this am to take the kids to school and saw this new dash light indicating some type of battery issue... this dash light isn't even contemplated in the Owners Manual p 78-81?

I called service and sent them this photo. No help yet. Any ideas?

Car Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks @Riviano - I parked the truck for about 30 minutes to get groceries, got back in, and noticed some different options with the backup camera.... and this orange battery indicator light is now gone as well? I had messaged my guide earlier today, and he had no idea this light existed, just like the service team. Anyhow, all is well that ends well... for now

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did the software update to 2022.15.0 yesterday afternoon. Drove home and parked it. Got in this am to take the kids to school and saw this new dash light indicating some type of battery issue... this dash light isn't even contemplated in the Owners Manual p 78-81?

View attachment 6123
how do you get the energy meter there? Would love that...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also had that same warning light on Friday. I talked to service and they said they’ve seen a few cases where that light came up prematurely and it wasn’t a real issue. They were supposed to review the logs and get back to me (haven’t heard from them yet). Light went away the next day.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I also had that same warning light on Friday. I talked to service and they said they’ve seen a few cases where that light came up prematurely and it wasn’t a real issue. They were supposed to review the logs and get back to me (haven’t heard from them yet). Light went away the next day.
Hey @MAR1T welcome! has that been the only issue you've had with your R1T since you took delivery?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Thanks @Riviano - I parked the truck for about 30 minutes to get groceries, got back in, and noticed some different options with the backup camera.... and this orange battery indicator light is now gone as well? I had messaged my guide earlier today, and he had no idea this light existed, just like the service team. Anyhow, all is well that ends well... for now
Let us know if the light returns @floormat. Hopefully this was a one time thing due to the update.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey @MAR1T welcome! has that been the only issue you've had with your R1T since you took delivery?
Thanks! Yeah, that’s pretty much it for problems with the car. There’s a few things I wish worked better though. Voice commands are troublesome and don’t always work well for me. The proximity unlocking of the car from my phone still needs work too. It used to be way to sensitive and would constantly lock/unlock as I walked around the house. That got better with the latest SW, but now sometimes I’ll have to stand at the door for a few seconds before it unlocks. That said, overall it is excellent!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! Yeah, that’s pretty much it for problems with the car. There’s a few things I wish worked better though. Voice commands are troublesome and don’t always work well for me. The proximity unlocking of the car from my phone still needs work too. It used to be way to sensitive and would constantly lock/unlock as I walked around the house. That got better with the latest SW, but now sometimes I’ll have to stand at the door for a few seconds before it unlocks. That said, overall it is excellent!
I'd love the ability to de-activate Paak to lock/unlock at home. My tesla could do that and it was great.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I also had a similar experience with the orange battery light. It turned on one morning, I called service but by the afternoon it had turned off so I cancelled the ticket. This happened about a month ago and hasn't occurred again since..

·
Registered
2022 Rivian R1T
29 Posts
Any idea where one could hook up a trickle charger for the 12v? I read someplace that the wires by the hitch are disconnected when the vehicle is "off" or in "sleep" mode.

pat----

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any idea where one could hook up a trickle charger for the 12v? I read someplace that the wires by the hitch are disconnected when the vehicle is "off" or in "sleep" mode.

pat----
The 12v batteries are in the frunk - access panel just on the windshield side of the frunk. I expect you could attach a charger to them directly like you would on a motorcycle. But I would think a) that shouldn’t be necessary! B) the hitch jumpers should be active in an emergency. C) if you are storing for a long period there is a setting

·
Registered
R1T LE
15 Posts

View attachment 6123
Thank you. I was wondering where that warning symbol was. Too bad it doesn't give a voltage.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The lock / unlock proximity is one of the improvements in the next software release. I hope it improves as well!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts