Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anyone know if the 12V under the screen is always on or not. I plugged in my radar detector and then walked away and lock the truck and it still on been on for over an hour. off and on. it will power off for a few second and power back on.

Any ideas?

Yes I know you can hardwire to the mirror... trying to leave easy of install as possible.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you get an answer? I have a dual usb-charger for the 12v/cigarette adapter that I plugged in. I like it because it generates more power to charge your phone faster than usual usb. With the 12v battery issues, I'd like to know what uses power when it's just sitting there. There seems to be lots of confusion about what settings avoid vampire drain too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you get an answer? I have a dual usb-charger for the 12v/cigarette adapter that I plugged in. I like it because it generates more power to charge your phone faster than usual usb. With the 12v battery issues, I'd like to know what uses power when it's just sitting there. There seems to be lots of confusion about what settings avoid vampire drain too.
no answers. rivian says the 12v is NOT ALWAYS ON. other people on forum say it is NOT ALWAYS ON. however when i plug in a cigarette adapter with an STATUS LED... it remains lit even after i lock the vehicle and walk away for 1 hour plus. sigh...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts