Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussed in numerous threads. They project that Fully Self-Driving features will cost an additional $10,000 and their membership will be around $45/month (unlimited charging, emergency recharging when you are stranded without any juice, full-time 4G cellular connection to car, useful software features and some other stuff) which plays out to about $5,500 over the anticipated 10-year ownership of the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This sounds like a very biased article from a "Florida man". Why would CleanTechnica publish articles from him? Oh yeah, I read their disclaimer...The content produced by this site is for entertainment purposes only. Opinions and comments published on this site may not be sanctioned by and do not necessarily represent the views of CleanTechnica, its owners, sponsors, affiliates, or subsidiaries.

He points out life is not worth living without likes on Fakebook or retweets on Twitter but then his bio states you can follow him on Twitter.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo XC40 Recharge (All Electric)
16 Posts
Rivian is mistaken if they think everyone is going to spend $10k on full self driving…sorry but I like driving too much. I don’t want to have FSD driving my new Rivian…I want to be driving it myself, so they definitely won’t be getting that $10k from me. However, the $45 per month for other things like free access to charging, cell connection, etc. is much more palatable and “worth it” in my opinion. I also don’t plan on owning it for a full 10 years, so I look at it more as a $540/year cost over 2-3 years.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Rivian is mistaken if they think everyone is going to spend $10k on full self driving…sorry but I like driving too much. I don’t want to have FSD driving my new Rivian…I want to be driving it myself, so they definitely won’t be getting that $10k from me. However, the $45 per month for other things like free access to charging, cell connection, etc. is much more palatable and “worth it” in my opinion. I also don’t plan on owning it for a full 10 years, so I look at it more as a $540/year cost over 2-3 years.
It's reported as "LTR opportunity." They don't expect everyone to do it. It's simply identified as a possible source for future revenue. The S-1 is intended to identify opportunities and risks to potential investors; it is not intended to predict future behavior.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's reported as "LTR opportunity." They don't expect everyone to do it. It's simply identified as a possible source for future revenue. The S-1 is intended to identify opportunities and risks to potential investors; it is not intended to predict future behavior.
Here’s a tip. Don’t do it. FSD is a scam.

#FJB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts