Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2023 R1S & R1T
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG, so like everyone else, after 2 years waiting and often frustrating anticipation, after watching hundreds of YouTube reviews by others and being totally convinced that this is IT, yesterday I had my 1st contact. I had my "Test-Drive" at a local meet and greet in a COSTCO parking lot 100 miles away from home. My wife and I were so excited when our intro vehicle arrived.
After a short Q&A outside the vehicle, we got to step inside. Kneel mode was on, so at 6'5" I actually needed to bend down and - "BANG" - hit my head as I was trying to squeeze in past the super-wide door column. So we raised the R1T to max height and tried again. Sit first then pull in the head and the head won't fit; head first, then seat the body and I couldn't get past the door pillar with seat all the way down and plenty back. Very strange, as I never had that problem, even in low sportscars or other vehicles. Once inside, the R1T has plenty of room, length, leg room, width, height, it is comfortable. I always knew it wouldn't be like my Yukon XL, the dimensions are close, but smaller. No problem. But the getting in, NOT out, just getting in, can only stem from the wide door pillar. I realize that there is nothing that can be done to optimize this, short of designing a bigger truck.
But I am still loving the vehicle overall, what it is, what it stands for and what it will do for me roaming the National Parks in absolute silence with full confidence to get me over sticks and stones. So I am still looking forward to my R1T and then R1S once that becomes available for us

· Registered
46 Posts
When I first got the vehicle it felt a little weird getting in, not sure why. I'm 6'2.. I now sort of back in at an angle if that makes sense, the same angle you exit in.. Super easy to get in and out of.. I never use the kneel mode.
The truck doesn't need to be any bigger.. I thinks it's because the center beam is a little forward than most trucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts