One of the specs for the R1S and R1T that really impresses me is the amount of ground clearance they have. According to Kelley Blue Book, the R1T will have 14.1 inches of ground clearance while the R1S will have 14.3 inches.
With that amount of clearance, handling tough road conditions and going off-road will be a breeze. But the question is, will anyone push their Rivian to the limit and put that clearance to the test?
Both numbers are pretty staggering on their own, but it becomes even more impressive when you compare them to some of the other trucks/SUVs on the market.
- Rivian R1S: 14.3 inches
- Rivian R1T: 14.1 inches
- Land Rover Range Rover: 11.7 inches
- Land Rover Discovery: 11.1 inches
- Jeep Wrangler: 10.8 inches
- Jeep Grand Cherokee: 10.8 inches
- Volvo XC90: 10.5 inches
- Toyota Sequioa: 10 inches
- Ford Expedition: 9.8 inches
- Toyota 4Runner: 9.6 inches
- Mercedes G-Class: 9.5 inches
- Ford F-150: 9.3 inches
- Tesla Model X: 9 inches
- Chevrolet Silverado: 8.2 inches