Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on Saturday, 8/20/2022 we successfully "tested" the R1T on America's First highway (Woodward - M1) here in Michigan. For those that don't know this has been a tradition since 1995 and routinely attracts over 400,000 vehicles from all over the country and at least 1+ million spectators. Everything you thought you knew about cars was there and some strange things you DIDN'T know were there too.

The air temp was 93 degrees F and sunny. Given we were not in a "car show", we just cruised for over 5.5 hours in the rolling parking lot. But the truck performed flawlessly. 1 pedal driving is the bee's knees in constant stop and go traffic.

By our limited scope, we saw no other Rivians on the Dream Cruise. So, in effect, we were one of the rarest vehicles out there. A lot of heads turned as we passed by and a lot of pictures were taken. A couple of Corvette owners, 1 Porsche GT3 RS and a Lamborghini owner tried (and failed) to race the R1T. It was amazing to see their collective faces in my rear view mirror.

Amazing job to the whole Rivian team for making THE BEST VEHICLE to cruise Woodward in. I am sure our testing on this highway was never in the cards for testing by the Rivian team!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm originally from Walled Lake but my brothers and I have all lived in Clawson, Royal Oak, and Birmingham over the past couple of decades. I'm now in North Carolina but know the Dream Cruise pretty well. I was wondering if an R1T would make its way there. I'm still waiting for my order to come through, but so cool that you did it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts