Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone researched options to replace the 22’s AT factory tire? I‘m wondering if there’s a more aggressive tread that could be swapped aftermarket On the 22” rim.

·
Registered
258 Posts
There would be no reason to put an AT tire on 22’s. The short sidewall will be a major detriment on any terrain that would dictate an AT. If you need an AT tire get the smallest rim that will fit which unfortunately looks like a 20” on the rivian.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
There's a picture floating around of a R1T delivered to an owner in Bend, Oregon who swapped out the stock rubber for mud terrains on his 22" wheels.

Personally, I don't like the look. But it is possible to do it.

·
Registered
819 Posts
It's in the link I posted. Def not my thing either, not practical, has to be way less efficient than the 20's with Pirelli AT's, and seems to be all about looks (not practicality)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. Saw the R1T photo of Hetrick. That’s not what I had I imagined, too aggressive on that tread. I do understa d the trade offs.

Here’s the ideal tread on 22….

I’ve seen a number of off markets on Mercedes and Audi suv that look clean and not mud agressive.

after some research it’s clear there are only 2 or 3 options for this wheel size that are similar to my thoughts and I’m not impressed.
Thanks for the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts