Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
If you are talking about keeping the same tire diameter for A/T's on 22's, you wouldn't really have much sidewall... If you are talking about changing tire diameter to accommodate a sidewall dimension with something similar to the sidewall on Rivian's Pirelli Scorpions on a 22" wheel (looking specifically at the "65" measurement in 275/65R20), then I would def check with Rivian before doing that. You can also see the delta's between tire sizes and rim sizing here: 275/65-R20 vs 275/65-R22 Tire Comparison - Tire Size Calculator | Tacoma World Who knows what sort of issue you might have with different diameters. There are also performance impacts to consider (as well as the consideration that Rivian's tires were purpose-built by Pirelli for a heavier EV too I suppose.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you are talking about keeping the same tire diameter for A/T's on 22's, you wouldn't really have much sidewall... If you are talking about changing tire diameter to accommodate a sidewall dimension with something similar to the sidewall on Rivian's Pirelli Scorpions on a 22" wheel (looking specifically at the "65" measurement in 275/65R20), then I would def check with Rivian before doing that. You can also see the delta's between tire sizes and rim sizing here: 275/65-R20 vs 275/65-R22 Tire Comparison - Tire Size Calculator | Tacoma World Who knows what sort of issue you might have with different diameters. There are also performance impacts to consider (as well as the consideration that Rivian's tires were purpose-built by Pirelli for a heavier EV too I suppose.
Looks like Tire Rack has two AT tires available in the same size as the stock tires, BFG All-terrain and Cooper Discoverer. Not a big deal, just was not sure if anyone was considering this. I much prefer the 22s, but I may just stick with the All-Seasons. We shall see, something I will consider.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Range with the EV-Specific Pirelli Scorpion A/T's has actually been quite good. Looking at the beef on those mudchuckers, I would think you would take a significant range hit with that tread on 22's.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Range with the EV-Specific Pirelli Scorpion A/T's has actually been quite good. Looking at the beef on those mudchuckers, I would think you would take a significant range hit with that tread on 22's.
Yes it has, but I have not seen a range test using anything other than the ATs. If the ATs are getting 275-290 miles are we still expecting that to be at a 10-15% loss? I did see the 290 on ATs, will be interested in seeing a range test on the all seasons.

·
Registered
Rivian R1T (Adventure - CR, BM, 21", Ordered 10/5/2021, Delivered 6/24/2022), Suburban 2500, VW ID.4
141 Posts
If range is the primary concern then ATs even on the 20s should not be considered, right?
The OE ATs are not too bad. Look at the weight difference between them and the 22" ATs you see here, its quite a difference (38 lb to 52 or 62 lb if I remember correctly).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts