Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does one get into the third row? And will it tolerate rear facing child seats in the outboard seats in row 2 when doing 3rd row entry?

·
Registered
391 Posts
You can slide the 2nd row forward with one lever, then there is another lever to fold the backrest forward.

I doubt you'll be able to get into the 3rd row (at least not easily) with a child seat in the way.
Yea, very few vehicles can. I know the Honda Odyssey can, but that's about it.
usually once a child seat is in place you have to go through the middle or over the top.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
How does one get into the third row? And will it tolerate rear facing child seats in the outboard seats in row 2 when doing 3rd row entry?
Welcome to the forum @Hilbert! I doubt that you'll be able to access the third row with a child seat in the second. At best it would be a tight squeeze.

Do you have an order placed for a R1S?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum @Hilbert! I doubt that you'll be able to access the third row with a child seat in the second. At best it would be a tight squeeze.

Do you have an order placed for a R1S?
Order placed earlier this week. Thinking I might put 2 car seats side by side on the 60 side and use the 40 as the slide/entry.

·
Registered
393 Posts
That doesn't look like it's a 60/40 split bench
That looks like the R1T rear seat.

The second row of the R1S is a 60/40 split where the center 20% section will fold independently or as part of the 60% side. They have stated it is called a 60/40 because the 60% side will only fold with the center section.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since 2020, the Mercedes GLS and BMW x7 both have what’s called a car seat friendly tilt, where you can have 3 car seats in the 2nd row and you just push a button and the row moves forward and up to allow easy entry into the 3rd row without removing the car seats. I’m hoping the Rivian has something like this since we have 4 kids. I’ve also read that the 2022 Infiniti QX60 has this feature.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Since 2020, the Mercedes GLS and BMW x7 both have what’s called a car seat friendly tilt, where you can have 3 car seats in the 2nd row and you just push a button and the row moves forward and up to allow easy entry into the 3rd row without removing the car seats. I’m hoping the Rivian has something like this since we have 4 kids. I’ve also read that the 2022 Infiniti QX60 has this feature.
Welcome to the forum @Kellinski! I don't know if the R1S will have something similar to the car seat friendly tilt but the third row should be able to accommodate car seats.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rivian/comments/kyj59c

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.