Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
June 14, 2022 Rivian Guide texted me wanting to confirm my configuration. A few hours later he called and asked if I could start the 8 steps? I said YES when can I expect delivery he assured me that my Nov-Dec time frame was still good.
June 15, 2022 Started the purchase process.
June 16, 2022 Guide called and asked if I would take my config. less the 22 inch off road and have 21 inch highway tires instead. He said it would speed up my delivery. I said YES. He then informed me my truck was in transit.
June 24, 2022 accepted delivery of my R1T Forest Green with Black Mountain, Adventure Package Pick-up.

All I can say is WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do you know if Rivian will take the loan payoff check at the time of delivery of the vehicle? Or do you still have to over night the check to Palo Alto, CA no matter what?
check with your guide asap. for me i sent them a check and emailed my guide check pic and tracking number but did not have to overnight. another on the forum was able to bring check to delivery. someone else had to overnight. ymmv

·
Registered
174 Posts
LOL. OK. And what about if you are putting money down, how or when do they collect that money?
For me, I can make the downpayment now as part of the 8 steps but was told to just hold off until I have a delivery date. Then I can pay it. Here is what the step says for me right now while I'm waiting the truck to be delivered (I finished 6 of the 8 - just pending the down payment and actual taking delivery step now):
Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Event

·
Registered
531 Posts
This is good to know. I am in the opposite boat. I have a delivery date and now I need to get all my ducks in a row. The 2 biggest ducks are getting the check to Rivian from my credit union and my down payment. I was not sure how that was accomplished because I can't move forward until I scan sides of the check and upload the images.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is good to know. I am in the opposite boat. I have a delivery date and now I need to get all my ducks in a row. The 2 biggest ducks are getting the check to Rivian from my credit union and my down payment. I was not sure how that was accomplished because I can't move forward until I scan sides of the check and upload the images.

previous discussion for reference

·
Registered
Rivian R1T (Adventure - CR, BM, 21", Ordered 10/5/2021, Delivered 6/24/2022), Suburban 2500, VW ID.4
193 Posts
I was in the same boat. My guide told me I just needed to have the check in the mail and send them tracking number before delivery. I got it done the day before, but that was with paying the credit union to expedite the check to me (they wouldn't send it direct to Rivian).

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yea, I just realized that my Purchase Agreement paperwork is incorrect. Not sure how I can go back and change it. I have the wrong lender in it and the wrong dollar amount they are writing a check for. I have reached out to my guide, but I may not even get a response back until close of business today. Times ticking as I only have 3 business days left before I get the vehicle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts