Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
It is very good app. And I am able to use in any all 3 EVs. That's is one feature keep me awake allnight to decide between Lightning and Rivian.

·
Registered
484 Posts
It is very good app. And I am able to use in any all 3 EVs. That's is one feature keep me awake allnight to decide between Lightning and Rivian.
If you are worried about fast DC travel chargers being available, best to get the direct apps from EA, ElectricAV, ChargePoint etc. More direct and up to date.

EA showed all four chargers up in Astoria but two were down and the Chademo I tried to use for the Tesla was charging at 2kW an hour. The new Electric Avenue in town had to be rebooted by the phone support but was a snappy 48kW to start which is good for Chademo.

EA needs to step up it's game on up time. It's going to crowded this summer with just four chargers for the coast area there that is golng to get crowded with EV's looking for a charge.

·
Registered
Tesla Model Y LR 2020; Rivian R1T Adventure 2022 (Reservation)
76 Posts
Has anyone used ABRP to plan their Rivian Adventures?

Do you find it accurate and helpful, or not so much?
I don't have my Rivian yet (year+ :( ), but I do use ABRP for my Tesla planning. I find it a tad conservative but otherwise pretty good. I've done a lot of comparison route plans the past several months to see how my same desired trips would fare with other cars, in particular Rivians! There seems to be good information about CCS sites and I expect it to be quite comparable.

I also use PlugShare quite a lot to find hotels and long-stay attractions with L2 charging. The information in the user contributed database has been highly reliable for me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you are worried about fast DC travel chargers being available, best to get the direct apps from EA, ElectricAV, ChargePoint etc. More direct and up to date.

EA showed all four chargers up in Astoria but two were down and the Chademo I tried to use for the Tesla was charging at 2kW an hour. The new Electric Avenue in town had to be rebooted by the phone support but was a snappy 48kW to start which is good for Chademo.

EA needs to step up it's game on up time. It's going to crowded this summer with just four chargers for the coast area there that is golng to get crowded with EV's looking for a charge.
It is not abut just charging. All access on your car screen without touching your phone is convenience that matter. ABRP is just one app that we are talking about. I keep hearing Apple car play will be added soon but noting about Android Auto.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found ABRP to be very helpful for the planning of a recent 17 day, 4,000 mile round trip trip from Colorado to the east coast in a Tesla M3. Putting together daily mileage goals, charging locations and time management (charging) then printing out to have in the car was great. Once on the road I didn’t use the app at all, preferring to rely on Tesla‘s on-board system supplemented by PlugShare which was useful for near realtime status of Superchargers as well as services nearby such as bathrooms, dining, etc. (However, PlugShare’s trip planning tool is dreadful.)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've used ABRP to compare the Google Maps and the Rivian nav system. After a month of driving, I default to the Rivian nav - it really works well. There is still room for lots of improvement e.g. picking stations and adding waypoints. For long trips I use PlugShare to look for any additional fast chargers that aren't in Rivian's nav. Give PlugShare a try - its easy to use and has lots of up-to-date info on chargers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts