Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Years ago my ex-wife drove my new Land Rover Discovery off a jump. I was in the passenger seat asking her to stop. Fortunately there was no damage to the vehicle, but we had sore backs and necks for days. She never did that again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm pretty sure that your car insurance company will not cover the repair, especially if you post a "Hold My Beer" video of the jump on YouTube...

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm pretty sure that your car insurance company will not cover the repair, especially if you post a "Hold My Beer" video of the jump on YouTube...
I'd love to hear these people try to explain their wrecked truck to their insurance provider.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
84 Posts
I like your wife already. She should spend some time with my wife😀.
Years ago my ex-wife drove my new Land Rover Discovery off a jump. I was in the passenger seat asking her to stop. Fortunately there was no damage to the vehicle, but we had sore backs and necks for days. She never did that again.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My wife and I used to run in demolition derbies, but we did not spend $93K on the cars. I did use Lincoln Lockers on the cars.
Before:

After:

FYI, I drove it onto the trailer, without needing my winch.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
135 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
We have a saying in the ER: If it wasn't for stupid, we would be out of business. Usually followed by: Can't fix stupid. I work in the safety side of motorsports. You can engineer safety into vehicles and protective devices, to a point. Thresholds of safety are always challenged intentionally and unintentionally. We joke about the drivers who wreck their vehicles during practice sessions and ask where the trophy is for winning practice. Job security.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would do it if I knew I was going to make double or triple what I spent on the truck w/needed upgrades by advertising from the video. Basically a trophy truck suspension system would be swapped in, roll cage and full racing seat and safety system. Raptors are great trucks but stock they are not built for 90’ jumps lol no factory produced trucks are produced for that. I just laugh at that video with the raptor because these people don’t realize how much damage they could do or did to their spines!

·
Registered
899 Posts
I would do it if I knew I was going to make double or triple what I spent on the truck w/needed upgrades by advertising from the video. Basically a trophy truck suspension system would be swapped in, roll cage and full racing seat and safety system. Raptors are great trucks but stock they are not built for 90’ jumps lol no factory produced trucks are produced for that. I just laugh at that video with the raptor because these people don’t realize how much damage they could do or did to their spines!
If people who attempted those stunts only knew what went into race spec versions, they wouldn't try. Those same race cars are completely different underneath and finished with a regular pickup shell with aero enhancements.

·
Registered
401 Posts
If people who attempted those stunts only knew what went into race spec versions, they wouldn't try. Those same race cars are completely different underneath and finished with a regular pickup shell with aero enhancements.
For some people as soon as they hear something along the lines of "race spec" they think it's invincible, trucks or cars it doesn't matter.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts