Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I've used adaptive cruise control at length previously on the trip back from the Houston delivery center, I seem to be having issues with adaptive cruise control not wanting to come on.

I got the warning below when travelling on a "well known" major road (MOPAC in Austin). I also sometimes see a warning flash up on the left hand side of the dash about some features not being available but it lasts for a couple of seconds before it vanishes.

Anyone else having these issues?

Automotive tire Bumper Rim Font Audio equipment

· Registered
100 Posts
Although I've used adaptive cruise control at length previously on the trip back from the Houston delivery center, I seem to be having issues with adaptive cruise control not wanting to come on.

I got the warning below when travelling on a "well known" major road (MOPAC in Austin). I also sometimes see a warning flash up on the left hand side of the dash about some features not being available but it lasts for a couple of seconds before it vanishes.

View attachment 7131
This shouldn't have anything to do with where you are driving (location); location should only affect Driver+ availability. If you're seeing the adaptive cruise message frequently, then my guess is that there may be an issue with a sensor that adaptive cruise uses.

· Registered
20 Posts

View attachment 7131
That message appeared for me too. A few times then after stopping and starting again, no problem

· Registered
2 Posts
Although I've used adaptive cruise control at length previously on the trip back from the Houston delivery center, I seem to be having issues with adaptive cruise control not wanting to come on. I got the warning below when travelling on a "well known" major road (MOPAC in Austin). I also sometimes see a warning flash up on the left hand side of the dash about some features not being available but it lasts for a couple of seconds before it vanishes. Anyone else having these issues? View attachment 7131
Adapt cruise on honda ridgeline wont work if you select any drive mode other than ‘normal’. Rivian might be same and you might have inadvertently put into different mode

· Registered
50 Posts
I have this error all the time when driving home during sunset or when there are bugs. “Camera blocked” or “Camera Glare” and then it doesn’t allow me to use it. 2 miles later, try again in the same conditions and it works. Or, I get a message that adaptive cruise is unavailable on certain roads. It really isn’t a great system right now especially with the ghost breaking and detecting vehicles two lanes away in my lane in front of me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts