Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What options is everyone expecting to see Rivian for availability between not and launch?

·
Registered
554 Posts
I’d like to know what the roof cross bars cost.

Is the flashlight and Bluetooth speaker included with the truck? Or extra?

What other accessories will they have?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Yeah, I was reading tonight, the parts we will announce........ closer to launch. I am like crap, the trucks are slated to launch in four months, I want more info.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
182 Posts

I am sure they are both part of the truck. And please Rivian don't make me regret the statement🙃

·
Registered
8 Posts
Saw a video where RJ says the flashlight comes with every truck. Not 100% sure about the speakers but I think with the adventure package or LE trims it is included.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Cross bars and spare tires are listed as options (i.e. cost extra), and there is no indicaiton of price yet. We are now at 5 months from 1st deliveries and this info is missing. Since I am out in 2022 anyway, hopefully I will know these costs, plus the removable roof option by then.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Cross bars as option makes sense. But spare tires? Maybe it’s a matching spare tire?
Cross bars and spare tires are listed as options (i.e. cost extra), and there is no indicaiton of price yet. We are now at 5 months from 1st deliveries and this info is missing. Since I am out in 2022 anyway, hopefully I will know these costs, plus the removable roof option by then.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Cross bars as option makes sense. But spare tires? Maybe it’s a matching spare tire?
I believe Rivian is not including the spare tire as standard except where state law requires a spare.

So if you live in a state where it's required, you'll get one included. If you live in a state that doesn't require one, then Rivian will sell you one at an additional cost, if you want it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I believe Rivian is not including the spare tire as standard except where state law requires a spare.

So if you live in a state where it's required, you'll get one included. If you live in a state that doesn't require one, then Rivian will sell you one at an additional cost, if you want it.
Do you know where to find the law in each state? I googled it but couldn’t find it in Virginia 😩

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks @CommodoreAmiga! I guess people will have buy one. I was chatting with Rivian representative and was told you will have the option to buy a full size spare if you want to. I just don't know where you put it. Maybe there won't be a proper place without an aftermarket solution.

To be honest, I am asking more out of curiosity. For the type of things I plan to do I don't think I will need a spare tire. Not sure.

I did a quick search and don't see a law that would require a spare tire in VA.

To show you an example, here's the Maryland law that does require a spare:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Thanks @CommodoreAmiga! I guess I will buy one. I was chatting with Rivian representative and was told you will have the option to buy a full size spare if you want to. I just don't know where you put it. Maybe there won't be a proper place without an aftermarket solution.

To be honest, I am asking more out of curiosity. For the type of things I plan to do I don't think I will need a spare tire. Not sure.
Actually, Rivian has a really cool place for the spare (like Honda did with the Ridgeline):

·
Registered
182 Posts
I saw that! It is great indeed, but I am looking for the R1S. Not sure they will have that. Maybe they do something with the frunk but then you lose the space. Not sure it is worth it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I saw that! It is great indeed, but I am looking for the R1S. Not sure they will have that. Maybe they do something with the frunk but then you lose the space. Not sure it is worth it.
Ah, I'm not sure how the R1S would handle it. Many SUVs store the spare under the cargo load floor. Perhaps Rivian will do the same?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I did a quick search and don't see a law that would require a spare tire in VA.

To show you an example, here's the Maryland law that does require a spare:
So, I guess Saturn never sold Skys in Maryland, there is no place to carry a spare tire! The inflator and goo stuff does not work for a blowout, and I had one of those on my Sky.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The frunk is 25" deep, no room for a spare tire.

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Actually, Rivian has a really cool place for the spare (like Honda did with the Ridgeline):
I'm getting the R1S so it doesn't affect me, but I think this spare tire location is poor planning. This happened with the Ridgeline, let's say someone gets a flat while carrying a load of stuff. You have to completely unload whatever it is onto the side of the road before accessing the spare tire. What if its a bed full of mulch or something like that?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm getting the R1S so it doesn't affect me, but I think this spare tire location is poor planning. This happened with the Ridgeline, let's say someone gets a flat while carrying a load of stuff. You have to completely unload whatever it is onto the side of the road before accessing the spare tire. What if its a bed full of mulch or something like that?
While I agree with your concern, some of it comes down to probabilities. What is the likelihood of having a full load and a flat at the same time? I currently have a GMC pickup with the spare tucked under the bed on a cable system that has to be lowered and raised with a hand crank. I hate that thing, even though I have probably only use it 2-3 times in the 12 years I have had my truck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I agree that getting to the spare in the bed of the Ridgeline, and now the R1T, can be a pain. Exactly your scenario happened to me on an extended camping trip— had to unload almost everything. And to top it off, the full sized flat didn’t fit back into the space for the emergency tire. 🙄 At least it happened to be a nice day...

BUT, I find the under bed option even more problematic because of corrosion to the support system here in New England. Actually had the retaining plate fail at highway speed, and drop the tire— THAT was a white knuckler... 😬 I’ll keep the in bed option, thanks (and just hope I don’t have a load of mulch..). At least there’s room for a full sized tire in the R1T.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts