Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

Additional Options between now and launch

5K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  CommodoreAmiga 
Cross bars and spare tires are listed as options (i.e. cost extra), and there is no indicaiton of price yet. We are now at 5 months from 1st deliveries and this info is missing. Since I am out in 2022 anyway, hopefully I will know these costs, plus the removable roof option by then.

I did a quick search and don't see a law that would require a spare tire in VA.

To show you an example, here's the Maryland law that does require a spare:
So, I guess Saturn never sold Skys in Maryland, there is no place to carry a spare tire! The inflator and goo stuff does not work for a blowout, and I had one of those on my Sky.

I'm getting the R1S so it doesn't affect me, but I think this spare tire location is poor planning. This happened with the Ridgeline, let's say someone gets a flat while carrying a load of stuff. You have to completely unload whatever it is onto the side of the road before accessing the spare tire. What if its a bed full of mulch or something like that?
While I agree with your concern, some of it comes down to probabilities. What is the likelihood of having a full load and a flat at the same time? I currently have a GMC pickup with the spare tucked under the bed on a cable system that has to be lowered and raised with a hand crank. I hate that thing, even though I have probably only use it 2-3 times in the 12 years I have had my truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.