Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really enjoyed the first video @scotteg. Looking forward to watching the longer one later. What was the most challenging part for the R1T to deal with?
The R1T handled everything like a champ. I keep the cameras on whenever navigating tight trails. Especially in the second video you can see lots of places where I literally had an inch or two clearance to either side with jagged rocks or tree roots ready to f up my tires if I wasn't careful. Having the bird's eye view is very helpful, like having a spotter guide you.

At 17:25 in the second video, there was a loose rock bank along the stream. I tried driving up it slowly and felt the front tires spin a bit, so I backed up and tried again going a little faster and it climbed the bank no problem.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Truck Car

·
Registered
565 Posts
That second video stopped at the most interesting part (for me) at @2:38 - what did you do when you encountered the tree across the trail? Did you turn around, or did you clear the tree off the road? If you turned around, how and where, and did the size of the Rivian cause problems?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That second video stopped at the most interesting part (for me) at @2:38 - what did you do when you encountered the tree across the trail? Did you turn around, or did you clear the tree off the road? If you turned around, how and where, and did the size of the Rivian cause problems?
I backed up, took a side exit to the main campground area, and then circled around back onto the same trail. I started the video as I reentered the trail.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts