Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I'm considering a pre-order, but am curious what the plan is for warranty service on these vehicles. Has Rivian indicated where warranty work will be performed? I had looked at the PoleStar2 and after corresponding with them, determined I'd have to drive/ship my car thousands of miles for the first few years to get warranty service done....

Considering this is a brand new vehicle, from a brand new manufacturer, I'm going to assume there will be some issues. Tesla has the network in place for service, which gives them an advantage here... if their truck wasn't so ... different.

Just wondering if anyone has information of the service network plans.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Welcome to the forum @showmemo! Are you interested in the R1S or R1T? Rivian has been a bit vague on what their warranty and servicing will look like. Nothing official so far

The only things that have come out are through third parties. Like this from Reddit.

I was at the fully charged show and spoke with one of the Rivian representatives that had something to say about service worries. He said they wanted to have a “white glove approach” to it with their servicemen coming to you.

They’d accomplish that by having service centers just outside major cities and be able to either take care of this issue on the spot and at your home, or leave you a loaner a vehicle just like that, so it’s as painless as possible. They said they have partnered with Cox automotive for servicing as well so that might help take care of the less populated regions. He wouldn’t speak much more on service after that. Another thing of interest was him saying they had more reservations in Dallas than in Austin for what it’s worth to anyone. Everything else I was told is the same as others had posted about the event.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @R99 . I'm interested in the R1T. But I'd settle for the R1S /s

I would love to see some real competition for Tesla from the likes of Rivian and others, but they will have to have a clear plan ahead of manufacturing to outline this issue. Honestly, I think the lack of information doesn't provide a lot of confidence for the would-be buyer. I also think this opens the door for the old guard to catch up quicker with their built in dealer infrastructure.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Thanks @R99 . I'm interested in the R1T. But I'd settle for the R1S /s

I would love to see some real competition for Tesla from the likes of Rivian and others, but they will have to have a clear plan ahead of manufacturing to outline this issue. Honestly, I think the lack of information doesn't provide a lot of confidence for the would-be buyer. I also think this opens the door for the old guard to catch up quicker with their built in dealer infrastructure.
Rivian pushing the launch to next year has definitely left the door open for competitor and the lack of info is frustrating. But I think they're still in a good spot with all the partnerships they've made.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered the R1S and have the same question about their service network. I am on my third Tesla and Tesla service in 2012 was not available in Michigan. I relied on flat bed pickup from home to a service center in Chicago, then Columbus, then Cleveland, then Toledo, with mobile service from time to time.
We will need to be patient in the early years, but seeing a rollout plan from Rivian would be helpful.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I ordered the R1S and have the same question about their service network. I am on my third Tesla and Tesla service in 2012 was not available in Michigan. I relied on flat bed pickup from home to a service center in Chicago, then Columbus, then Cleveland, then Toledo, with mobile service from time to time.
We will need to be patient in the early years, but seeing a rollout plan from Rivian would be helpful.
Welcome @Raudikal! Are you planning on keeping your Tesla when you get your Rivian or are you going to trade it in?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts