Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am due to get my R1S any now in San Diego. I have sent the following message to my guide, but I was wondering if this community has answered any of the questions yet?

"""
First, any word on delivery timing?

We use a 12v fridge in our current SUV . What would be the best way to add an anderson powerpole connector in the rear that would have constant 12v power when parked and in motion? It draws about 7 amps while running.

We also have a 50watt mobile icom VHF, how would I find the best to supply switched 12v power and route the antenna cable to either the roof rack area and or the front fender well?

I use an Autel vehicle diagnostics tool, I know that the Rivian has an OBD-II port, is there anyway for me to be able to scan the vehicle myself? Does Rivian plan to support the aftermarket companies with the software to be able to diagnose our own vehicles when they are no longer under warranty?

any and all help appreciated!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I doubt Rivian will give you advice on custom wiring -- expect perhaps to say "don't".

There is already a 12V cigarette lighter plug in the back, so you could just use an adapter: https://www.amazon.com/Cigarette-Lighter-Anderson-Powerpole-Connector/dp/B071P3RX8G

I can't provide advice on the radio questions. There is a 12V cigarette-style plug in the front trunk, as well as the dual 12V batteries under the cowl cladding. Again, I expect Rivian's official position to be either "no comment" or "don't".

I don't think your Autel will get anything useful out of the OBD-II port. Rivian has said they plan to sell subscriptions to their service info... But I haven't seen that actually be made available yet, nor have they said what the cost will be.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My favorite new item! https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WD57YD6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
it almost fits the R!T charging pad perfect and you can charge without your phone slipping all over the place
Interesting product. Could be a problem solver.

Have you as yet applied this to a Rivian charge pad?

Did it hold your phone in place for wireless charging?

Was your phone in any sort of protective case or outer shell as it was charging?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Interesting product. Could be a problem solver.

Have you as yet applied this to a Rivian charge pad?

Did it hold your phone in place for wireless charging?

Was your phone in any sort of protective case or outer shell as it was charging?
I haven't tried it with a case yet, but it does charge without slipping and it fits the charge pad fully.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts