Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Does anyone know if the camp kitchen can be added on after market?
After market implies a manufacturer other than Rivian. So to answer that question: Yes, there are other companies that make camp kitchens for the back of trucks/suvs. However, it will be different than the Rivian unit and wouldn't slide in/out of the gear tunnel.

If you really meant to ask "can the OEM camp kitchen be added after initial delivery" then I believe the answer is also "yes", although it would most likely require a visit with Rivian service for installation. Rivian has previously said that DIY installation was unlikely to be supported.

·
Registered
272 Posts
After market implies a manufacturer other than Rivian. So to answer that question: Yes, there are other companies that make camp kitchens for the back of trucks/suvs. However, it will be different than the Rivian unit and wouldn't slide in/out of the gear tunnel.

If you really meant to ask "can the OEM camp kitchen be added after initial delivery" then I believe the answer is also "yes", although it would most likely require a visit with Rivian service for installation. Rivian has previously said that DIY installation was unlikely to be supported.
The shuttle may or may not be user-installable (still not clear), but the kitchen modules themselves are designed to be removed/installed by the user.

·
Registered
854 Posts
The shuttle may or may not be user-installable (still not clear), but the kitchen modules themselves are designed to be removed/installed by the user.
Yes, that is true. I assumed the question was inclusive of the gear shuttle. I still don’t see a mainstream use case for the shuttle, outside of the camp kitchen.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Although, if you have the shuttle and already own your own camp gear, camp stove and cookwear, you could purchase the shuttle for easy access to everything in the gear tunnel, or to set up your own kitchen or table top surface on top of the shuttle. That is my plan anyway.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Although, if you have the shuttle and already own your own camp gear, camp stove and cookwear, you could purchase the shuttle for easy access to everything in the gear tunnel, or to set up your own kitchen or table top surface on top of the shuttle. That is my plan anyway.
Will there be a camp kitchen available for the R1S at launch? If so, I think that a slide out or swing out version would take up a good amount of cargo space.
It fits nice and neat in the R1T.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Will there be a camp kitchen available for the R1S at launch? If so, I think that a slide out or swing out version would take up a good amount of cargo space.
It fits nice and neat in the R1T.
From the S-1 filing:

"The Camp Kitchen seamlessly integrates into the R1T Gear Tunnel compartment, and eventually a rear cargo mounted Camp Kitchen will also be available for the R1S."

So the answer is "eventually."

It's basically three manageable modules so it can be easily installed/removed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been looking at accessories that can be added on to the R1S aftermarket, I'm still in the beginning stages of research
I found:
Egoe nestbox and Overland kitchens.

Edit: I've also been looking at air mattresses for inside. I'll probably just push the seats down and blow the mattress up when it's too cold to throw up the tent.

It's been years since I've owned a truck. (Ford explorer and Lexus LX 600 )I'm partial to small and fast. But I'm pretty sure you can also go to Bass Pro or even Walmart if it doesn't have to be fancy just utilitarian. My question is, with the heavier kitchens I think one was 98lbs. What does that do to your driving range?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts