Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Researched the wheels on the green truck in the video. 20x9 with stock size 34" tires, but has a +1mm offset.

Just got mine on. 20x9, went with a 33 1/2" tire for a little more clearance and an 18+mm offset, so they stick out 0.66 inch less than the those on the green truck. Definitely happy with the fitment. Wasn't my first choice on styling as I normally go with all black, but, on the white truck, these are actually growing on me.

View attachment 6722

Nicely done. Agree that on white truck any all black choice would vanish against the white.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Funny that folks assume stock is accurate for speedo and rarely is that the case, particularly when the factory has three different wheel offerings. We pick up our truck with stock 21 inch this week and will curious to see if mine also does 70mph actual at indicated 73mph. That would mean going a little taller would actually make the speedo more accurate....perfect.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Variant told me they do rub if you go to lowest sport height, which I do. I then asked about moving offset in just a bit for less potential of that, and that's where the conversation dropped off. They don't want to reveal their offset number, but that offset doesn't clear so I don't see what's the point of keeping it secret when there is not much value in an offset that doesn't actually work, unless you are willing to not go full low.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Cool video, thanks. I prefer the Bronze finish and appreciate all the effort.

Not much discussion in the video on fact these are WIDER than stock for better cornering support of the tires. The Rivian is SO HEAVY, fast in straight line but it quickly overwhelms the tires in the turns and going 20x9 will help the tire do the job, sharper turn in, more stable tire contact patch for more ultimate grip, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts