Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many I initially hesitated to option the AT Dark wheels thinking the $3500 was not a good value and I could get some other options post delivery. I've now reconsidered for a number of reasons and will forsure go OEM. My thoughts are below

Pros for the Rivian wheels - I (personally) prefer the look of OEM, they will be more valuable for future resale, perfect fitment, they are actually forged (stronger/lighter) and specifically tuned for the vehicle not only in driving dynamics but programed range calculations, I can roll the cost into my vehicle financing

Pros for Aftermarket wheels - Assuming I've selected the standard 21" option I would now have two sets of wheels therefore getting the best of both worlds with a quick swap (range/off roading capability), my vehicle looks unique compared to other Rivans

Did some window shopping on Discount Tire for some Aftermarket Off Road wheel and tire options for the R1T and found a set that looked the best to me but would cost almost the exact same imagine that (assuming I configured the correct geometry, price shouldn't change much with offset)

I'd love to hear if anyone else is planning to go aftermarket?

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software

Product Rectangle Font Material property Parallel

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Car

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Here's a longer video for those who are curious. Most of the Rivian content starts around 7:30 min mark.

It sounds like the wheels are +1 offset? It looks like a bit much, and I'm not sure how this doesn't rub on turns or dips. But good to see possibly how aggressive one can get.

Agreed, waaaay too much poke. I can't imagine what the range hit will be on these also

1 - 3 of 3 Posts