Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Off road you want the 20's. You're not getting good offroad tires in the 21 or 22inch sizes.
Or any other tires for the 21. I thought upon release the 21s utilized a tire size that isn't produced or used by anyone else.

Personally I plan on using the 21s as my daily base set. Then Id go buy aftermarket 20's or 22's depending on your intent separately. You can spend as much or as little as you like to get it customized, find the right weights, etc.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I”m fairly certain I’m going to need something more appropriate than the stock 21” tires for PA winters.
We should probably address this part first and probably in another thread as it's not wheel dependent at all. For the record, I'm an advocate for winter/snow tires and swap wheels/tires around Nov and back off in March.

That said, can you elaborate on why you think you need different tires for the winter?

Are you thinking about general traction and getting stuck?
Are you worried about general road holding and sliding off the road during a turn?
Are you worried about traveling at highway speeds and having the car wallow/potentially spin out at speed?
Are you worried about the ability to brake in a reasonable distance?

Then..

What type of roads do you drive on? Are the backroads small, shoulder less asphalt? Or are they gravel? Dirt road? Roads or trails?

I'm not trying to be a pain but depending on your answers there are very specific recommendations. You might actually want a 22" winter tire that's not as blocky for highway slush and ice vs a 20" aggressive fat tire for deep snow as an example.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts