Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked Rivian support if Alexa could be used to fold in the mirrors versus using the touch screen (don't want to clip them on the garage). Here's the response:

"Alexa is integrated from the ground up in your vehicle so you can control nearly anything managed by the driver display and touchscreen with your voice — even some physical controls. Simply say 'Alexa, set the temperature to 72 degrees', 'open the front trunk', or anything else that comes to mind. Alexa also knows she’s not perfect! We will have over-the-air updates along the way to increase Alexa functionalities."

While I don't love the idea of Alexa in my car (or home) for privacy reasons, this seems like an excellent safety feature when scrolling through menus might be more dangerous than keeping your eyes on the road. Something I have not seen in my sister's Tesla.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
You asked a specific question and Rivian CS really did not answer it. I find that frustrating.

Why can't they just answer the specific question? It shouldn't be hard to say something like:
  1. Yes, you can say "Alexa, fold the side mirrors" and the mirrors will fold.
  2. No, we have not implemented that voice command and it is not currently on our roadmap. I will send the feedback to our team so we can consider this, in the future.
  3. Although we do not currently support this voice command, it is on our roadmap and we expect to support it via an OTA update in the near future.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You asked a specific question and Rivian CS really did not answer it. I find that frustrating.

Why can't they just answer the specific question? It shouldn't be hard to say something like:
  1. Yes, you can say "Alexa, fold the side mirrors" and the mirrors will fold.
  2. No, we have not implemented that voice command and it is not currently on our roadmap. I will send the feedback to our team so we can consider this, in the future.
  3. Although we do not currently support this voice command, it is on our roadmap and we expect to support it via an OTA update in the near future.
I'm going to assume it's a stock answer loaded into their customer servicing application. But yes, mildly irritating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts