Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Does anyone have an alignment issue?

I took delivery a month ago and from day 1 my alignment is adjusted not really good. My steering wheel is a bit tilted to the left side, but the car drives straight. If I will tilt the steering wheel to the center the car is pulling right.

I have opened a ticket with Rivian, and have not heard for a week. A week ago I was driving by Bellevue, WA service center, stopped by and they scheduled a service appointment for me, which happened yesterday.

After 5 hours waiting they told me that all done made a test drive and returned the car. But now it is even worse. The steering wheel is tilted left even more. And toe settings are visibly not good. The front left wheel is too much out when the front right wheel is too much in. I can see it without any tools...

I have opened a new service ticket but I don't want to spend a lot of time fighting with rivian and waiting until everything will be done properly.

Does anyone got an alignment on Rivian with 3rd party shop in Seattle Greater area and could recommend the place to go?

TIA

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the exact same issue. My steering veers to the right when the steering wheel is centered. I had it serviced at the El Segundo service center on Wednesday this week. They told me it was out of alignment and that it has been fixed. Then when I drive it home I realize it is exactly the same, as if they didn’t do anything. Not sure what I’ll do yet. Let us know what you figure out!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Super important to have an accurate alignment especially if the toe is off as it will quickly wear out the tyres.

I’m wondering if someone is forgetting to centre the steering wheel after the alignment which is performed electronically iirc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just took delivery of my R1T yesterday and have a similar issue with wheel alignment and truck steering to the right. More pronounced when using "Highway Assist" with truck unable to stay within the lane veering to the right. Haven't opened a ticket yet as i'm still waiting from my driver profile to be updated (still shows owner as "Factory") so i can set up my phone key.

·
Registered
4 Posts
did your delivery person not get your phone key setup? Odd.
Yes he tried along with Rivian Service on the phone. They couldn't get my profile on the "Welcome" screen so phone key setup could not be done. They performed a hard reset of the screens as well as the vehicle. Opened a service ticket so I'm currently using key fob or card keys until issue is resolved. Service tech mentioned other delivery customers having same issue that day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same issue but veering to the right - guessing 2 to 5 degrees. R1T was delivered two weeks ago. Had a service visit last Friday to address the alignment issue. Got it back and they said my alignment was spot on. Drove away and had the same problem if not worse veering off to the right. Taking it back tomorrow. They told me they'd have to make out of spec adjustments to make any further corrections. Not a big fan of having to do that but I can't continue to drive it like it is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all,

Does anyone have an alignment issue?

I took delivery a month ago and from day 1 my alignment is adjusted not really good. My steering wheel is a bit tilted to the left side, but the car drives straight. If I will tilt the steering wheel to the center the car is pulling right.

I have opened a ticket with Rivian, and have not heard for a week. A week ago I was driving by Bellevue, WA service center, stopped by and they scheduled a service appointment for me, which happened yesterday.

After 5 hours waiting they told me that all done made a test drive and returned the car. But now it is even worse. The steering wheel is tilted left even more. And toe settings are visibly not good. The front left wheel is too much out when the front right wheel is too much in. I can see it without any tools...

I have opened a new service ticket but I don't want to spend a lot of time fighting with rivian and waiting until everything will be done properly.

Does anyone got an alignment on Rivian with 3rd party shop in Seattle Greater area and could recommend the place to go?

TIA

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same issue but veering to the right - guessing 5 to 10 degrees. R1T was delivered two weeks ago. Had a service visit last Friday to address the alignment issue. Got it back and they said my alignment was spot on. Drove away and had the same problem if not worse veering off to the right. Taking it back tomorrow. They told me they'd have to make out of spec adjustments to make any further corrections. Not a big fan of having to do that but I can't continue to drive it like it is.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Same issue but veering to the right - guessing 2 to 5 degrees. R1T was delivered two weeks ago. Had a service visit last Friday to address the alignment issue. Got it back and they said my alignment was spot on. Drove away and had the same problem if not worse veering off to the right. Taking it back tomorrow. They told me they'd have to make out of spec adjustments to make any further corrections. Not a big fan of having to do that but I can't continue to drive it like it is.
Well, at least you got it addresses pretty fast. They tried to fix it for me last Thursday, but later that day I opened a new service request. On Friday someone called me and told me "we will make sure you will bring car for adjustments soon". Nothing since that

·
Registered
2 Posts
I received my R1T at the end of May. Noticed it pulling to the right the following week. Dropped it off at the Orlando Fl Service Center and they said they corrected it. Worked for a couple of weeks and reverted back to the same issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had my follow up visit yesterday to the Orlando Fl service center to address the alignment issue (veers to the right) that wasn't corrected during the first visit. Tech said he adjusted the alignment as much as he feels comfortable without causing unusual wear on the tires. Seems better but I'm still not convinced it doesn't pull to the right more than it should. I plan to drive it for a couple weeks to see how it does. My guess is I'll have to go back again and see if they will adjust it a bit more to get it driving straight. The service center has been very responsive and are trying to fix the issue. The tech indicated the R1Ts tend to pull to the right (like that makes it ok which it's not). I'm hoping it's not a structural design flaw beyond their ability to adjust and correct.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seems like most of the vehicles are getting this issue. Many people are reporting it over FB and forums.

I got a call yesterday from local SC and they were able to schedule a new appointment for me more than a week from today... And told me they probably will keep a car for 1-2 days?!

We will see if they will be able to fix it at 2nd attempt (I don't think so)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bellevue SC has fixed the issue for me after 2nd attempt. They had issues with the Alignment machine as they told me.
Also, I asked for a printout of alignment settings and they told me they don't have a printer :D But 3 weeks before when I was taking delivery they were able to print some documents :)))
They told me I will get a copy of it in the email with the final papers. Papers showed up 30 minutes later, but no alignment sheet )))
After I got home a decided to take a look under the car and they did not tight a few screws on the skid plate and lost a few more... You probably want to ask me why I decided to check underneath - during the visit one guy there told me that many people at Rivian SC came from Tesla. I had a pretty bad experience with Tesla Technicians in past with my teslas... Another proof it is not a company, it is the people who work there)))

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sounds like maybe Rivian needs to do for alignment services something similar to what they do for tire service by partnering with Pep Boys and Discount Tire. “I’m a Suspension Technician and I want to perform a 4-wheel alignment without tying up the machine for two days” should’ve been a user story that went into the suspension design sprint.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ended up having to take the R1T in for a third time for my alignment issue (veers to the right). The SC had my truck for about 5 days but they finally fixed it. It's been about 6 weeks and the truck is still driving perfectly straight. I thought I was going crazy for awhile but they got it right. They ended up getting help from someone in engineering. I'm not sure exactly what they did - something with the camber? It was a painful process and probably shouldn't have required three visits but it's fixed. I wasn't crazy and neither are you if you're R1T seems to be veering. Just keep taking it back. Fortunately, for me we have a SC in Orlando. Now that's the alignment is fixed I'm super stoked on the R1T. Couldn't be more pumped about the purchase!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts