Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The first Amazon fully electric vans made by Rivian arrived in Denver this week, one of 16 places across the United States where the online retailer expects to use these electric vehicles on its routes.
Rivian’s investors include Amazon, which started testing the all-electric vans in Los Angeles earlier this year. It’s part of the company’s “Climate Pledge,” which aims to achieve carbon neutrality by 2040. For deliveries, the corporation ordered 100,000 made by Rivian electric vehicles. The routes in the Denver area are part of a preliminary climate test that is also taking place in a few other U.S. cities before the Rivian EV program expands.

“From what we’ve seen, this is one of the fastest modern commercial electrification programs, and we’re incredibly proud of that,” Ross Rachey, director of Amazon’s Global Fleet and Products, said in a statement. “As we continue to grow and invest in Colorado, we want to do so responsibly, so we’re excited for customers to see these vehicles cruising through their neighborhood.”
Rivian has received a lot of attention in Colorado because of its focus on all-electric SUVs and trucks, which, according to the Colorado Automobile Dealers Association, are the most common types of vehicles sold in the state.
The automaker backed a bill in the Colorado legislature two years ago that would allow it to market its electric vehicles directly to customers. As a result of the auto dealers’ opposition, the plan failed to pass. Last year, however, a law was passed that restricted direct consumer sales to automakers without a dealership franchise.

Though the R1T electric truck and R1S electric SUV are built on a similar platform to the Amazon vans, their ranges are nowhere similar. The Rivian truck ranges at 300 miles, compared to 150 miles for the Amazon vans.
According to Nikki Wheeler, an Amazon spokeswoman, Colorado distribution routes will be in communities near existing Amazon warehouses in Aurora, Boulder, Denver, and Thornton.
“The range we’re sharing is what we have seen based on current testing,” she said.
Amazon hasn’t said how many Rivian vans it will use in each state, but the aim is to have 10,000 Rivians making deliveries by next year. Amazon, which also uses other electric vehicles, claims to have shipped 20 million using electric vehicles in North America and Europe.

Hanson F.
https://thevolter.com
Hanson is a lover of electric cars especially Rivian. He is a contributor for The Volter as well as other news hubs

·
Registered
7 Posts

The first Amazon fully electric vans made by Rivian arrived in Denver this week, one of 16 places across the United States where the online retailer expects to use these electric vehicles on its routes.
Rivian’s investors include Amazon, which started testing the all-electric vans in Los Angeles earlier this year. It’s part of the company’s “Climate Pledge,” which aims to achieve carbon neutrality by 2040. For deliveries, the corporation ordered 100,000 made by Rivian electric vehicles. The routes in the Denver area are part of a preliminary climate test that is also taking place in a few other U.S. cities before the Rivian EV program expands.

“From what we’ve seen, this is one of the fastest modern commercial electrification programs, and we’re incredibly proud of that,” Ross Rachey, director of Amazon’s Global Fleet and Products, said in a statement. “As we continue to grow and invest in Colorado, we want to do so responsibly, so we’re excited for customers to see these vehicles cruising through their neighborhood.”
Rivian has received a lot of attention in Colorado because of its focus on all-electric SUVs and trucks, which, according to the Colorado Automobile Dealers Association, are the most common types of vehicles sold in the state.
The automaker backed a bill in the Colorado legislature two years ago that would allow it to market its electric vehicles directly to customers. As a result of the auto dealers’ opposition, the plan failed to pass. Last year, however, a law was passed that restricted direct consumer sales to automakers without a dealership franchise.

Though the R1T electric truck and R1S electric SUV are built on a similar platform to the Amazon vans, their ranges are nowhere similar. The Rivian truck ranges at 300 miles, compared to 150 miles for the Amazon vans.
According to Nikki Wheeler, an Amazon spokeswoman, Colorado distribution routes will be in communities near existing Amazon warehouses in Aurora, Boulder, Denver, and Thornton.
“The range we’re sharing is what we have seen based on current testing,” she said.
Amazon hasn’t said how many Rivian vans it will use in each state, but the aim is to have 10,000 Rivians making deliveries by next year. Amazon, which also uses other electric vehicles, claims to have shipped 20 million using electric vehicles in North America and Europe.

Hanson F.
https://thevolter.com
Hanson is a lover of electric cars especially Rivian. He is a contributor for The Volter as well as other news hubs
Could be good news for those of us holding Launch Edition pre orders living in the Denver area. Waitin' for the guide to reach out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be good news for those of us holding Launch Edition pre orders living in the Denver area. Waitin' for the guide to reach out.
Do you hold on for the R1T or R1S? Guess I have a few months until I have a chance for a guide to reach out with my R1S LE reservation.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you hold on for the R1T or R1S? Guess I have a few months until I have a chance for a guide to reach out with my R1S LE reservation.
Drove by the proposed Walnut Street store location this week...no progress at all yet. Hope we will still be in the early group given all the announcements for chargers in Colorado

·
Registered
7 Posts
A February 2020 R1T spot. Also pre ordered a long range R1T for January delivery should the range become an issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts