Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RJ,

I finally received my R1T in early April after a 3 year + wait and am totally thrilled with my purchase; well worth the wait! However, since delivery, a little bit of the shine has gone from my experience.

Customer service and customer experience go hand in hand and can make or break any company. You and your team obviously recognize and endeavor to excel in those areas. As a loyal Rivian customer, I purchased stock at the IPO, ordered my truck in February of 2019, and have purchased numerous shirts, hats, and gear. I am also a great advocate for Rivian and am always happy to spread the word. It is from that perspective that I feel the need to bring several disappointing issues to your attention. While your employees work hard to please, I suspect the following issues are out of their hands.
  • Approximately 11 weeks post-delivery, I still do not have the all-weather floor mats that I ordered with my truck. Neither do I have a tracking number for any forthcoming mats.
  • Likewise, after 11 weeks, I have not received license plates from the State. Per my guide, the paperwork is still in the hands of Rivian, and not the State. My temporary plates are due to expire shortly. I know I am not the only one in this situation. Lack of a license plate also means that I cannot apply for a toll pass. That can get very inconvenient in Texas.
  • I sent my truck to Houston to address an intermittent issue with an overhead visor light. After several days in the service center, I was told the issue was diagnosed and fixed. However, the light continues to go on and off randomly. I have notified the SC but have not received any indication there is a fix on the horizon. I resorted to putting an “eye patch” over the light to keep it from distracting me while driving.
  • After my last software update, I received an onboard notice to contact service re: the passenger air bag recall. I reported that issue but have not received any response back as to when that might be remedied.
  • Last, I see that the wrist bands will not be delivered until “late summer”. I can live with that, but in the context of all the above issues, it becomes an irritant.
I love my Rivian and have great respect for your vision and drive. But, I also know I am not alone in my post-delivery experience. On behalf of my fellow adventurers, is there anything that can be done to mitigate these types of issues and in doing so increase customer loyalty?

DLX

·
Registered
Rivian R1T Adventure Edition
12 Posts
I finally received my R1T in early April after a 3 year + wait and am totally thrilled with my purchase; well worth the wait! However, since delivery, a little bit of the shine has gone from my experience.

Customer service and customer experience go hand in hand and can make or break any company. You and your team obviously recognize and endeavor to excel in those areas. As a loyal Rivian customer, I purchased stock at the IPO, ordered my truck in February of 2019, and have purchased numerous shirts, hats, and gear. I am also a great advocate for Rivian and am always happy to spread the word. It is from that perspective that I feel the need to bring several disappointing issues to your attention. While your employees work hard to please, I suspect the following issues are out of their hands.
  • Approximately 11 weeks post-delivery, I still do not have the all-weather floor mats that I ordered with my truck. Neither do I have a tracking number for any forthcoming mats.
  • Likewise, after 11 weeks, I have not received license plates from the State. Per my guide, the paperwork is still in the hands of Rivian, and not the State. My temporary plates are due to expire shortly. I know I am not the only one in this situation. Lack of a license plate also means that I cannot apply for a toll pass. That can get very inconvenient in Texas.
  • I sent my truck to Houston to address an intermittent issue with an overhead visor light. After several days in the service center, I was told the issue was diagnosed and fixed. However, the light continues to go on and off randomly. I have notified the SC but have not received any indication there is a fix on the horizon. I resorted to putting an “eye patch” over the light to keep it from distracting me while driving.
  • After my last software update, I received an onboard notice to contact service re: the passenger air bag recall. I reported that issue but have not received any response back as to when that might be remedied.
  • Last, I see that the wrist bands will not be delivered until “late summer”. I can live with that, but in the context of all the above issues, it becomes an irritant.
I love my Rivian and have great respect for your vision and drive. But, I also know I am not alone in my post-delivery experience. On behalf of my fellow adventurers, is there anything that can be done to mitigate these types of issues and in doing so increase customer loyalty?

DLX
Hey DLX:

I'm sorry to hear about your issues as a fellow owner. For what it's worth, I think it's important to build a good relationship with your guide. Mine has been very helpful and has helped track down missing orders and resolve other issues. I got my CA plates in 2 weeks, which was almost mind blowing. I think it comes down to finding the right people at Rivian to push your needs forward. Maybe you can switch guides?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Dear RJ:

I ordered a Rivian a few years ago. The price you told me I'd pay is the price I'm going to pay, but I have my concerns.

I should tell you my friend pre-ordered a Bronco. It was delivered to his dealer last week. When he arrived the dealer told him he could have his Bronco but he'd have to pay $10,000 over sticker. Hearing good things about the new $20,000 Ford Maverick mini truck, he tried to buy one. They don't have any, they aren't taking orders until August, and the dealers are marking them up $10,000.

He has a backup order for a Ford Lightning. Or maybe he's just on a dealer list. He isn't sure.

Out of curiosity he went to the Land Rover dealer. They told him he could order one but it would be about a nine month wait and they were marking up the cars about $10,000 "because they could."

So I guess its going to be a Ford Lightning for my friend. He read that it was only $40,000 so he's stoked. I want to be stoked.

I don't care about what my friend is dealing with. I'm buying a Rivian, and it is unforgiveable that the online process has eight fricking steps, that I have to go outside to take delivery at my home, and that you can't get floor mats to me AT THE TIME OF DELIVERY. Consider my order cancelled.

·
Registered
41 Posts
RJ,

DLX
I am sorry for your troubles I also have a R1T delivered two weeks ago, I have only one cosmetic issue that i will report. I am not concerned because i expected issues being a early adopter... One correction you can still have a Eztag with temporary plates, just use the numbers or call the tag office.

·
Registered
2 Posts
RJ,

DLX
You can register for a toll tag in Texas with a temp plate and a VIN.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE:

Regarding my missing floor mats (Approximately 11 weeks post-delivery, I still do not have the all-weather floor mats... mats), here is the latest:
"Your replacement order is in, but the All-Weather Floor Mats are currently impacted by supplier constraints. We’re currently working with the supplier and should be able to communicate an updated delivery timeline for your floor mats in the next three weeks."

Regarding my license plates (Lack of a license plate also means that I cannot apply for a toll pass), my fellow Texas adventurers have advised me that I can apply with temporary plates. This has now been done. Thank you @ResidalReality!

·
Registered
10 Posts
RJ,

DLX
I'm sure that they "will be contacting you in the coming weeks..."
Anyone heard that before...?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm sure that they "will be contacting you in the coming weeks..."
Anyone heard that before...?
UPDATE: I called customer service after several attempts to communicate with my new guide went unanswered. Ended up with my third guide, who did actually reply to my ongoing inquiries about my floor mats. Long story short, my floor mats with logos will be delivered after the supplier is able to produce them. In other words, they will be contacting me...
Regarding the other issues mentioned in my original post, I ultimately self registered my truck, finally received my tax / registration reimbursement, got the map light replaced and my recall taken care of, but am still awaiting my wrist band.
Still loving the truck; enjoying more adventures everyday.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts