Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
241 Posts
🤣 I can see it being very functional. Maybe for like businesses like landscaping? But yeah, it's ugly.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
466 Posts
It’s a VW in disguise! Anyone remember these? Similarities? :LOL:

·
Registered
800 Posts
I actually like the look... But I think they're being over-ambitious if they think they'll be delivering in 2023 and they haven't built any prototypes, no manufacturing site developed, no sheet metal stamping developed, etc.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The beauty is in the eyes of the beholder!

I think both the CT and the Canoo are ugly. In terms of being charming, depends on what you are into. I love science fiction and the thought of driving a car that feels straight out of Blade Runner does appeal to me!😁

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
466 Posts
I love science fiction and the thought of driving a car that feels straight out of Blade Runner does appeal to me!😁
Canoo looks like it could be in the movie Avatar.

·
Registered
241 Posts
As the aliens' cars if they had one. The humans vehicles were also super agreessive. Closer to current military actually.

One thing I must say, I live in a very family friendly neighborhood with lots of kids running around. I would rather have these Canoons driving by to do landscaping work then the usual F-150s RAMs and Silverados. These trucks may look nice but they're super agreessive. Not children friendly.

Canoo looks like it could be in the movie Avatar.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I actually think I kind of like it. I have a friend working on their own small business and what they're doing would be a great fit for a utility vehicle like this. The aesthetics would be sure to draw eyes (important since the business would be mobile) and the platform sounds excellent for a 'working' vehicle - moreso than a leisure-geared Rivian.

Part of what drew me to Rivian was a desire to help disrupt the auto industry of past generations. If the pricing is competitive I may throw a deposit down and look to continue attempting to support these new entrants into the field.

Exciting times! Sometimes I forget I've been dreaming of an electric vehicle since I was a kid and we're living that reality now. It's amazing how far we've come in such short time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am actually really impressed with the Canoo - mainly the bed and frunk. At first I thought it was ugly (but not nearly as bad as the CT) but it's grown on me in just a few hours.
Even though I have a reservation for the R1T, I will be watching Canoo very closely, especially as I get closer to configuration time. The bed is absolute magic - I wish that Rivian could simply license that design! So much better than what Rivian showed, even before they started defeaturing aspects of the tailgate and bed.
And seeing how the frunk opens it's such a huge improvement. No lifting stuff (like coolers full of food and ice) up and over the front to set it in. You even have a nice work area to use. Plus, no smacking my head on the hood as I am trying to put stuff in or get stuff out.
I think Canoo really upped the ante as far as how versatile a pick up truck can be - whether it's a work truck or an adventure vehicle. Definitely lessons to be learned. Of course, now they need to actually bring it to production.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think it was late last year that canoo announced their multi purpose vehicle. There was clearly a lot of thought and careful design around the commercial practicality

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes definitely more likable that CT. That adventure model looks spacious, absolutely reminiscent of the VW, my buddy is still an avid collector. I’m a car mechanic at heart so obviously I’m not a VW fan...but cooler from a shotgun standpoint. Always like the freight liner Mercedes adventure style vans you see a lot of on the west coast. I like the new styles that are appearing, looking forward to sharing the road with a lot of these and so much less ICE stuff.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Did anyone notice
YOU DON'T BUY ONE OF THESE!
It will be a "SUBSCRIPTION"
Crazy concept
But if I was still a "pool guy" heck yes
For a business this seems to be great
Whole lot of questions
The one color concept is my favorite
You order it with your own custom WRAP
THATS THE 💩
Kinda planning on wrapping my RIVIAN to protect from Desert pinstriping

·
Registered
214 Posts
I am actually really impressed with the Canoo - mainly the bed and frunk. At first I thought it was ugly (but not nearly as bad as the CT) but it's grown on me in just a few hours.
Even though I have a reservation for the R1T, I will be watching Canoo very closely, especially as I get closer to configuration time. The bed is absolute magic - I wish that Rivian could simply license that design! So much better than what Rivian showed, even before they started defeaturing aspects of the tailgate and bed.
And seeing how the frunk opens it's such a huge improvement. No lifting stuff (like coolers full of food and ice) up and over the front to set it in. You even have a nice work area to use. Plus, no smacking my head on the hood as I am trying to put stuff in or get stuff out.
I think Canoo really upped the ante as far as how versatile a pick up truck can be - whether it's a work truck or an adventure vehicle. Definitely lessons to be learned. Of course, now they need to actually bring it to production.
You don't buy one
Did you catch that?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts