Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Love the Rivian, and I put an order in, personally. But for a work truck, I would agree with MKBHD, it's likely better to consider the Ford F-150 Lightning. Rivian is positioned as an adventure vehicle more than a work truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Work truck is a bit misleading….I pretty much drive from site to site with minimal tools. So small truck will work. Plus I won’t be caught dead in a Ford. I also think the rivian is a better product. I believe in do one thing and do it well!!! I think the rivian will also generate more interest being such a cool and innovative product.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Welcome to the forum @inMuskoka! Have you placed an order for a R1T yet or are you still thinking about it? I think the R1T would definitely boost your company's image if you show up to a site or someone's house in it. Great conversation starter haha.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im really close to placing the order…..I’m recording my daily driving habits to see how the range will work out. Also a little leary on the winter operation. Harsh cold and driving conditions…also some concern with the salt and brine used on the roads up here with electrical connections and rust!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the salt / brine wrt corrosion, but winter cold weather impact on range is completely valid. Also elevation is a major factor. Driving up-hill will kill range. There are a lot of vlogs from Canadian Tesla owners. TL;DR is you can expect as much as 40% impact on battery performance due to cold weather.

It would be great if Rivian had any a data or comment on this. (They might, not sure!).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.