Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lookin good!

What are your first impressions? Is there anything that is difficult to adjust in the transition to EV from ICE? Also, when did you place your order?

I ordered a Limestone RS1 on 02-22 and am hoping to get it sometime before 2024 and currently driving a Volve PHEV and F150 ICE, so I'm hoping Rivian's regen is not too hard to get used to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lookin good!

What are your first impressions? Is there anything that is difficult to adjust in the transition to EV from ICE? Also, when did you place your order?

I ordered a Limestone RS1 on 02-22 and am hoping to get it sometime before 2024 and currently driving a Volve PHEV and F150 ICE, so I'm hoping Rivian's regen is not too hard to get used to.
Thanks man. Order placed Nov 2021, wasn't really expecting it till later but not complaining.

ICE to EV is a learning curve, especially the regen breaking. Other simple things like 'turning off the vehicle'....I had to think about it. But your transition might be much smoother especially coming from other hybrids.

Here is to Hoping to get your rivian sooner!!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
ICE to EV is a learning curve, especially the regen breaking.
I've never been able to understand statements like this.

Before I ever drove an EV, I read things like this and I was a little nervous about my first ride - I educated myself on what to expect so I wouldn't be surprised because I thought I would have to drive differently with regenerative braking. Much to my surprise, the regen braking was natural and I didn't have to think about it or do anything different when driving. Perhaps that's because I'm used to a manual transmission, but really It became second nature after about 1 block of driving.

Then when my wife first drove an EV, she didn't know anything at all about regenerative braking ahead of time. To her it was just an (expensive) car that I wanted to buy. When we got in the car I told her was that the car would slow down automatically, so if she wanted to brake then she should take her foot off the accelerator like usual and use the brake pedal only if necessary. She also figured it out for herself within 1 block of driving. Perhaps that's because she's an engineer and has a talent for understanding mechanical things, but she didn't need any instructions about how to use the regen braking and she didn't need to be educated on how it works in order to figure it out.

To me, regen braking is simple, instinctive, and intuitive, much like steering into a skid. I really don't understand why people are worried about or dislike regenerative braking.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Picked her up last Thursday, what a treat!!!

First EV, so learning a lot coming from a ICE vehicle. Looking forward to learning more from this community. View attachment 8135 View attachment 8136
Congrats! Any issues with it so far? Or did you have to reach out to their customer support team at any point? If so, I hope they're taking care of you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked her up last Thursday, what a treat!!!

First EV, so learning a lot coming from a ICE vehicle. Looking forward to learning more from this community. View attachment 8135 View attachment 8136
I’m in DFW as well (roanoke). I ordered 8/13/21 and my window is Oct-Nov big I haven’t heard anything yet. Did u take delivery at home of at the center ? Did u happen to get access to the rivian shop b4 you took delivery ? Thx !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’m in DFW as well (roanoke). I ordered 8/13/21 and my window is Oct-Nov big I haven’t heard anything yet. Did u take delivery at home of at the center ? Did u happen to get access to the rivian shop b4 you took delivery ? Thx !
Took delivery of it at the Rivian Center in Dallas. Glad I did, had a chance to walk around the shop and service center.

Hope you can get yours soon!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just saw a limestone in West Plano, yesterday. My first time seeing a R1 in the flesh. I had read so much about how much better they look live but, I discounted it. The R1 does look great live. Not sure who the truck belongs to but it's very nice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just saw a limestone in West Plano, yesterday. My first time seeing a R1 in the flesh. I had read so much about how much better they look live but, I discounted it. The R1 does look great live. Not sure who the truck belongs to but it's very nice.
I was hesitant at first ordering limestone, especially seeing the pictures online. It is much better in person (imho)....Here is how it sits today.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window

1 - 14 of 14 Posts