Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light

Hi folks, new member here stopping by to share that I finally got my Launch Green R1S Launch Edition. The timing was just about as bad as possible because I was one of the people laid off from Rivian and I haven’t started a new job yet, so not the best time to spend $85k on a car. I was also a huge Rivian fan and the layoffs really broke my heart. Although it’s a great car I can’t really stand to see the reminder of my time at Rivian in the driveway every day so it’s going on cars and bids next week unless someone here is interested.

The delivery experience was interesting. I was probably their least excited customer ever but after going through all the features and menus and stuff I was smiling because there’s a lot of cool features. It was much different than last years deliveries though. Never got contacted by a guide (I think most of them were also laid off). Just got a configuration email and then a week later got a call the it was ready to pick up. Never got any estimated date other than the one from months ago so I was caught a little off guard. There was no special touch on the delivery to personalize it to me and the people didn’t even know I used to work at rivian until I told them. And even though I paid a $1,500 destination fee they wouldn’t drive it to my house, I had to drive in and pick it up myself. Looks like they realized now that they can’t create a unique high touch experience at scale. At least the guy spent a half hour or so to explain everything to me, probably next year they’ll just hand over the keys and let you figure it out.

Anyways, looks like the R1S’s are starting to roll out finally so hope people can enjoy them more than me.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
@x-rivian this breaks my heart and I'm so sorry! That is a very painful experience and a painful reminder of a very unfortunate situation. Hope you're able to at least sell it for the current value and then use anything extra to help sustain you for your next adventure. Reminds me of when I closed escrow on my first home, a condo, in 2003 and then was laid off the very next day. However, that opened up other other doors to which I believe lead me to marrying my wife and starting my career on Salesforce. I believe in God and I have hope for you that this path is not the end of the road but one that will open more paths before you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm sorry to hear the ownership experience has been ruined for you.
Are you in the Sacramento area? I have a R1s on order and will wait for mine but I have a friend that really wants to take delivery now if you are serious about selling.

·
Registered
R1S LE in LE Green & Forest Edge (8/14/2019 Preorder) Oct-Dec 2022 Arrival
216 Posts
View attachment 8147

Hi folks, new member here stopping by to share that I finally got my LauncR1S Launch Edition. The timing was just about as bad as possible because I was one of the people laid off from Rivian and I haven’t started a new job yet. I was a huge Rivian fan and the layoffs really broke my heart. Although it’s a great car I can’t really stand to see the reminder of my time at Rivian in the driveway every day so it’s going on cars and bids next week unless someone here is interested.

The delivery experience was interesting, I was probably their least excited customer ever but after going through all the features and menus and stuff I was smiling because there’s a lot of cool features. It was much different than last years deliveries though. Never got contacted by a guide (I think most of them were also laid off). Just got a configuration email and then a week later got a call the it was ready to pick up. Never got any estimated date other than the one from months ago so I was caught a little off guard. There was no special touch on the delivery to personalize it to me and the people didn’t even know I used to work at rivian until I told them. And even though I paid a $1,500 destination fee they wouldn’t drive it to my house, I had to drive in and pick it up myself. Looks like they realized now that they can’t create a unique high touch experience at scale. At least the guy spent a half hour or so to explain everything to me, probably next year they’ll just hand over the keys and let you figure it out.

Anyways, looks like the R1S’s are starting to roll out finally so hope you all enjoy them.
Sorry to hear about your layoff experience. Best to you!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
View attachment 8147

Hi folks, new member here stopping by to share that I finally got my LauncR1S Launch Edition. The timing was just about as bad as possible because I was one of the people laid off from Rivian and I haven’t started a new job yet. I was a huge Rivian fan and the layoffs really broke my heart. Although it’s a great car I can’t really stand to see the reminder of my time at Rivian in the driveway every day so it’s going on cars and bids next week unless someone here is interested.

The delivery experience was interesting, I was probably their least excited customer ever but after going through all the features and menus and stuff I was smiling because there’s a lot of cool features. It was much different than last years deliveries though. Never got contacted by a guide (I think most of them were also laid off). Just got a configuration email and then a week later got a call the it was ready to pick up. Never got any estimated date other than the one from months ago so I was caught a little off guard. There was no special touch on the delivery to personalize it to me and the people didn’t even know I used to work at rivian until I told them. And even though I paid a $1,500 destination fee they wouldn’t drive it to my house, I had to drive in and pick it up myself. Looks like they realized now that they can’t create a unique high touch experience at scale. At least the guy spent a half hour or so to explain everything to me, probably next year they’ll just hand over the keys and let you figure it out.

Anyways, looks like the R1S’s are starting to roll out finally so hope you all enjoy them.
Really sorry to hear that you were part of the layoffs @x-rivian! I hope you're able to land on your feet with a new job opportunity. If you don't mind me asking, what was your role at Rivian?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats @x-rivian on the R1S! Do you have a home charging system installed already?
I'm getting a Charge Point L2 charger installed next week. With Rivian so focused on manufacturing and delivering vehicles I didn't want to risk delays or issues getting a Rivian charger.

I'm sorry to hear the ownership experience has been ruined for you.
Are you in the Sacramento area? I have a R1s on order and will wait for mine but I have a friend that really wants to take delivery now if you are serious about selling.
Yup.

Really sorry to hear that you were part of the layoffs @x-rivian! I hope you're able to land on your feet with a new job opportunity. If you don't mind me asking, what was your role at Rivian?
I was working on software not related to the vehicle or manufacturing. It wasn't as immediately important as getting vehicles to customers so short term it kind of makes sense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts