Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Long time lurker and now finally a Rivian R1T owner and thought I’d share a bit about my order / delivery process here for others. I’ll start with the deets:

• I put my deposit down August 2020
  • Guide call happened on 10th June 2022
  • Pickup (delivery) happened on 18th June 2022
  • Delivery center was Houston (apparently the Austin location should be done in July)

My spec is an Adventure package with LA silver metallic, black interior and only additional option is powered tonneau as the gear tunnel is back ordered so I removed that after talking to guide during our call. I asked the guide what else is back ordered and he mentioned the kitchen is too.

I traded in a BMX X3 which I initially assumed I’d have to offload to Vroom or Carvana but, surprisingly, Rivian gave me the best price for my car by about $1,500. So if you are having to replace a vehicle then definitely hold until you can get a quote from Rivian.

The delivery was very easy. I drove from Austin to Houston which was ~165 miles door-to-door. Upon arrival I met my delivery person, who was very nice, and proceeded to fill in some paperwork. The documents were notarized there and then. I then received an overview of the truck with all it’s features and was ready to go. The whole process can’t have been more than 20 minutes or so.

The delivery center had charged the truck to 85% which meant I had around 262 miles (if memory serves). I had hoped they would have charged to 100% for a longer trip as, technically, the range should be fine but it was 102F and knew I’d have to blast the AC on he way home. I ended up putting it into “conserve” mode on the way home although still did around 75mph on the majority of the freeways. I arrived in Austin with over 100 miles to spare so I shouldn’t have been as concerned. I’ll call out that I’ve had a couple of EVs in the past, a Fiat 500E (89m range!) and a Taycan Turbo S and the range estimates have definitely varied on those cars hence I wasn’t sure what I’d average.

Anyway, I charged the car overnight and all is well so far. I’m excited to take it for a spin today as I’ve only seen a couple of Launch Edition green Rivians roaming around so hopefully my silver one will intrigue others on the road!

Finally, here’s a quick pic having arrived in Austin after it’s inaugural drive.

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire

Thanks,

Garry

·
Registered
406 Posts
The 6/11 email was the UPDATED delivery window. I was asking about your ORIGINAL delivery window. That email was sent out in November or December of 2021, depending on your configuration.

The reason I ask is, it seems to me that Rivian is for the most part delivering within or earlier than that original delivery window except in certain cases - notably R1S orders and Ocean Coast interiors are missing the original delivery window. It is these misses that we hear about most often, but as I said I'm under the impression that they're meeting their window most of the time.

I would guess that with an Adventure edition, your original delivery window was sometime in the fall of this year, meaning you got your truck earlier than expected?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@eHauler - so far the interior appears to be very solid. I did notice a few scuff marks on the mirror surround where it attaches, maybe a technician using tools to roughly, but otherwise the interior is looking good so far. Haven't experienced any electronics problems to date either.

On the exterior I have the "usual" panel gaps and door alignment issues that others have remarked upon. Some photos below. The only other thing I noticed is a an area of paint that's dull (for a lack of better word). It's about an inch square and is on the rear drivers side door that looks like a shadow of sorts. You can see that in the photo further below too.

Hood Grille Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Automotive design

Car Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting

Hood Automotive exterior Landscape Tints and shades Vehicle door

Grille Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Tire

·
Registered
1 Posts
@eHauler - so far the interior appears to be very solid. I did notice a few scuff marks on the mirror surround where it attaches, maybe a technician using tools to roughly, but otherwise the interior is looking good so far. Haven't experienced any electronics problems to date either.

On the exterior I have the "usual" panel gaps and door alignment issues that others have remarked upon. Some photos below. The only other thing I noticed is a an area of paint that's dull (for a lack of better word). It's about an inch square and is on the rear drivers side door that looks like a shadow of sorts. You can see that in the photo further below too.

View attachment 6641

View attachment 6640

View attachment 6639

View attachment 6638
That second pic is pretty bad. Did you ask about getting it addressed?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@drstancpa I will definitely contact them about this, but also the paint defect. I suspect that will be a bigger issue to fix.

I’m out of town for the week so will wait to get home before contacting Rivian.

Will update the thread as I learn more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Indeed! I am planning to go to cars and coffee next Sunday at COTA (probably be there about 9:30ish). Would be great to see more Rivian there!
I was actually just a COTA last weekend for a BMW EV event. Don’t think I can make it this Sunday unfortunately since I have a conflict. But once we have more folks in Austin we should try and coordinate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congratulations @robinxlee! The red looks sweet in the sunlight! Hopefully you hear from Rivian soon about the dull spots. Overall what do you think of the R1T?
Thanks JimmyEV. Still getting used to the truck it certainly drives very differently from my tesla. Right now acceleration feels very jerky to me. The pedal is very sensitive so when I go over bumps it will jerk as the pedal changes causing regen to kick in immediately.

Looking forward to the OTA to bring more features. Other than the dull spots I haven’t had any other problems. Truck feels very solid. Solid heavy doors, great visibility at night with excellent lighting, suspension is nice and comfortable, good build quality.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all,

Long time lurker and now finally a Rivian R1T owner and thought I’d share a bit about my order / delivery process here for others. I’ll start with the deets:

• I put my deposit down August 2020
  • Guide call happened on 10th June 2022
  • Pickup (delivery) happened on 18th June 2022
  • Delivery center was Houston (apparently the Austin location should be done in July)

My spec is an Adventure package with LA silver metallic, black interior and only additional option is powered tonneau as the gear tunnel is back ordered so I removed that after talking to guide during our call. I asked the guide what else is back ordered and he mentioned the kitchen is too.

I traded in a BMX X3 which I initially assumed I’d have to offload to Vroom or Carvana but, surprisingly, Rivian gave me the best price for my car by about $1,500. So if you are having to replace a vehicle then definitely hold until you can get a quote from Rivian.

The delivery was very easy. I drove from Austin to Houston which was ~165 miles door-to-door. Upon arrival I met my delivery person, who was very nice, and proceeded to fill in some paperwork. The documents were notarized there and then. I then received an overview of the truck with all it’s features and was ready to go. The whole process can’t have been more than 20 minutes or so.

The delivery center had charged the truck to 85% which meant I had around 262 miles (if memory serves). I had hoped they would have charged to 100% for a longer trip as, technically, the range should be fine but it was 102F and knew I’d have to blast the AC on he way home. I ended up putting it into “conserve” mode on the way home although still did around 75mph on the majority of the freeways. I arrived in Austin with over 100 miles to spare so I shouldn’t have been as concerned. I’ll call out that I’ve had a couple of EVs in the past, a Fiat 500E (89m range!) and a Taycan Turbo S and the range estimates have definitely varied on those cars hence I wasn’t sure what I’d average.

Anyway, I charged the car overnight and all is well so far. I’m excited to take it for a spin today as I’ve only seen a couple of Launch Edition green Rivians roaming around so hopefully my silver one will intrigue others on the road!

Finally, here’s a quick pic having arrived in Austin after it’s inaugural drive.

View attachment 6623

Thanks,

Garry
Beautiful truck! Is that Bouldin Creek neighborhood?

I wish I could say the same on the trade in, as it would've saved me some tax $! Their offer was about $10k lower than Audi offered for my SQ5.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Beautiful truck! Is that Bouldin Creek neighborhood?

I wish I could say the same on the trade in, as it would've saved me some tax $! Their offer was about $10k lower than Audi offered for my SQ5.
Ah no, we live in Tarrytown. The truck seems to be popular here as I’ve already had numerous strangers knock on my door to talk about it including a lobbyist who did some work for Rivian!

Sorry to hear about the trade in pricing - at least with buying a Rivian you’ll still get the EV rebate!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ah no, we live in Tarrytown. The truck seems to be popular here as I’ve already had numerous strangers knock on my door to talk about it including a lobbyist who did some work for Rivian!

Sorry to hear about the trade in pricing - at least with buying a Rivian you’ll still get the EV rebate!
Tarrytown would've been my second guess. Yeah no shortage of people who want to see it and ask questions LoL :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts