Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has gotten a new R1 shop invite the past few weeks? Also, if you have a delivery estimate for February and haven't gotten invited and don't have a guide yet, any suggestions on how to talk to Rivian and get the ball rolling?

· Registered
3 Posts
My first post!
I ordered my R1T last November(22) and have heard nothing. I'm not really expecting delivery until late 23 but it would be nice if they would touch base once in a while, give me an update. Or a test drive!!!
When did you place your order?

· Registered
105 Posts
My first post!
I ordered my R1T last November(22) and have heard nothing. I'm not really expecting delivery until late 23 but it would be nice if they would touch base once in a while, give me an update. Or a test drive!!!
When did you place your order?
Did you place a preorder deposit last November or did you confirm configuration, assigned a guide and working through 8 steps?

· Registered
153 Posts
Wondering if anyone has gotten a new R1 shop invite the past few weeks? Also, if you have a delivery estimate for February and haven't gotten invited and don't have a guide yet, any suggestions on how to talk to Rivian and get the ball rolling?
Yes. Placed my reservation in March of 2022, and have an estimated delivery date of February/March 2023. Still no word or invitation to the Shop. Curious to see what the updated date will be.

· Registered
1 Posts
Today! Woo hoo! Everything complete now waiting for delivery in the next couple of weeks

Attachments

· Super Moderator
570 Posts
Contact Rivian and ask for a test drive.
Unfortunately, that's not the way the test drive program works, at least that's what both CS and my Rivian guides have told me. The test drive program is the First Mile event and Rivian has told me in no uncertain terms that they are invitation only. The best you can do I'm told is to sign up and wait for one to happen that you get an invitation to.

· Registered
153 Posts
Got an email this morning asking to confirm my address for access to the R1 Shop. Had a Feb-Mar 2023 delivery date. Doesn't bode well for that to hold. Jan 2019 pre-order.
I got my "confirm your selections" email this morning as well. Same estimated delivery period (albeit, but your pre-order date, I am assuming yours is for an R1S; mine is an R1T). What makes you say the timing of the email doesn't bode well for the EDD to hold? Not saying it will, but there is still 9 weeks left until the end of March.

· Registered
153 Posts
Unfortunately, that's not the way the test drive program works, at least that's what both CS and my Rivian guides have told me. The test drive program is the First Mile event and Rivian has told me in no uncertain terms that they are invitation only. The best you can do I'm told is to sign up and wait for one to happen that you get an invitation to.
I've been told that, but I've also spoken to other people who were able to successfully ask for additional test drives from their service center. Obviously I have no reason to confirm that, but also can't see a reason why they would lie about something like that.

· Registered
12 Posts
I got my "confirm your selections" email this morning as well. Same estimated delivery period (albeit, but your pre-order date, I am assuming yours is for an R1S; mine is an R1T). What makes you say the timing of the email doesn't bode well for the EDD to hold? Not saying it will, but there is still 9 weeks left until the end of March.
My email said "Interested in getting an R1S in 6-8 weeks or sooner?" So, makes me think the config I ordered must be considerably further out than 6-8 weeks.

· Registered
789 Posts
My email said "Interested in getting an R1S in 6-8 weeks or sooner?" So, makes me think the config I ordered must be considerably further out than 6-8 weeks.
You're reading way too much into this. Rivian has been trying to give R1 shop access to everyone at some point in the order process. It's a benefit, for people who are flexible in their configuration and care more about getting something sooner than getting their exact configuration. I got access to the shop three months before my delivery window, but I waited and my original configuration was delivered a few weeks BEFORE my delivery window.

Access to the shop doesn't mean you're being delayed. It also doesn't mean you'll get it sooner by choosing out of the shop. BTW, I haven't heard of any R1S being in the shop yet. They are still working on fulfilling the Launch Edition R1S, and they have locked in the configuration for most R1S orders expected to be delivered in the next six months. The shop would be a way to get something different after you locked in, but as I said no R1S have been in the shop yet.

If you have a 2019 R1S LE then that's what they're shipping right about now, so you seem to be right on track to get your 8 steps in Feb/Mar. If you have an Adventure, they're not shipping those yet, but I haven't heard of any Adventure people being given a window as soon as Feb/Mar either ... Rivian is also batching orders, most notably right now for interior color, so your build could be waiting for the right batch. I think OC is up next - they haven't been shipping R1S with OC, but if past behavior holds then once they start most of the interiors are going to be OC.

· Registered
12 Posts
You're reading way too much into this. Rivian has been trying to give R1 shop access to everyone at some point in the order process. It's a benefit, for people who are flexible in their configuration and care more about getting something sooner than getting their exact configuration. I got access to the shop three months before my delivery window, but I waited and my original configuration was delivered a few weeks BEFORE my delivery window.

Access to the shop doesn't mean you're being delayed. It also doesn't mean you'll get it sooner by choosing out of the shop. BTW, I haven't heard of any R1S being in the shop yet. They are still working on fulfilling the Launch Edition R1S, and they have locked in the configuration for most R1S orders expected to be delivered in the next six months. The shop would be a way to get something different after you locked in, but as I said no R1S have been in the shop yet.

If you have a 2019 R1S LE then that's what they're shipping right about now, so you seem to be right on track to get your 8 steps in Feb/Mar. If you have an Adventure, they're not shipping those yet, but I haven't heard of any Adventure people being given a window as soon as Feb/Mar either ... Rivian is also batching orders, most notably right now for interior color, so your build could be waiting for the right batch. I think OC is up next - they haven't been shipping R1S with OC, but if past behavior holds then once they start most of the interiors are going to be OC.
That is great information. Thanks so much for taking the time to explain. Mine is launch edition R1S LA silver with Forest edge interior. Ordered four years ago. Saw this exact configuration sitting outside the Orlando service center last weekend, so I think they have been making this configuration. .

· Registered
3 Posts
I got my invitation for a test drive at the South San Francisco Service Center. Considering that it's over two hundred miles from me I suggested to them to bring a few of the R1T's and R1S's up to Humboldt county CA and set up at the Fortuna, CA Rivian Adventure Charging Station. They can probably get a few of us from the area who are on the waiting list to test drive there.

· Registered
12 Posts
That is great information. Thanks so much for taking the time to explain. Mine is launch edition R1S LA silver with Forest edge interior. Ordered four years ago. Saw this exact configuration sitting outside the Orlando service center last weekend, so I think they have been making this configuration. .

O, got access to the shop last night. Must have been around 18-20 R1S there. This morning, only 11 available. I guess several folks may have found what they would be happy with as opposed to the Wait.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts