Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Rivian Blue R1T Adventure Package
23 Posts
I'm non LE, reserved in April 2021. Guide contact and PBA signed last week. Still no updated delivery date apart from the Dec 21 email - I got 1H23 back then. However, I had a Max Pack configured at the time and since switched to the Large Pack.

Reactions: oak202

·
Registered
161 Posts
You really don’t want to know. May 2021.
[/QUOTE]

So Rivian will have another bunch of pissed of res holders by delivering non LEs to folks who reserved 2.5 years after some of the earliest supporters?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow...that's extremely promising for my situation. Not sure your location vs. omamatt's - but it also helps to have a Service Center nearby. Here in PHX, ours is up and fully operational.

Reactions: RivianDoc

·
Registered
161 Posts
My SC is 3 hours away.
Based on a chat I'm having with Rivian right now they are are not denying it is possible you're for real. I'm 40 minutes from the Brooklyn SC and reserved in Dec 2018 - haven't heard a thing in terms of an actual order. Why does this company continue to get its PR so badly wrong?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Guide contact and PBA signed last week. Still no updated delivery date apart from the Dec 21 email - I got 1H23 back then.
Please remind me, and others, what PBA stands for? The same for 1H23. It might be helpful when I have a very candid conversation with Rivian CS from an Apr 2019 pre-holder and have had no personal contact from Rivian besides email blasts.

·
Registered
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure, El Cap, Blk Mtn, 22” Sport, Delivered 4/2/22
12 Posts
Based on a chat I'm having with Rivian right now they are are not denying it is possible you're for real. I'm 40 minutes from the Brooklyn SC and reserved in Dec 2018 - haven't heard a thing in terms of an actual order. Why does this company continue to get its PR so badly wrong?
That makes it sound like you are doubting me. I’m not the only one as there are many others.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Please remind me, and others, what PBA stands for? The same for 1H23. It might be helpful when I have a very candid conversation with Rivian CS from an Apr 2019 pre-holder and have had no personal contact from Rivian besides email blasts.
Sorry about that...this forum definitely is not as active as others (don't want to plug other forums publicly as I'm sure that's not what the admins of this one would prefer). PBA stands for Preliminary Buyers Agreement. And 1H23 means my original delivery window (from the December 2021 email) was first half of 2023 (just a quick short way to say it). When I had my Guide call on Friday, she literally was sending me emails while we were on the phone, one of which was the PBA. Looked a lot like a DocuSign setup, but with Rivian paint over the top. I signed it while on the phone with her. The PBA legally and contractually binds you to purchase a vehicle from Rivian, whereas with just a preorder deposit and no guide contact, you have no contractural agreement to purchase a vehicle, and Rivian doesn't have a legal obligation to sell you one.

In my guide call, she was not able to give me an updated delivery window - but I think that's par for the course for everyone. I don't know of anyone that has received a revised delivery window from what they were first told (doesn't mean they don't exist - just means I haven't read or heard about it). From what I've read elsewhere, if I had the configuration at the end of 2021 that I have now, I'd have probably been slated in with the July-October 2022 crowd. She did tell me that if I was willing to be flexible on some of my configuration options that I was more likely to get my R1T much sooner than 1H23. So, my configuration was locked by her on Friday (what is shown in my signature line), but I'm flexible to accept Limestone or El Cap as colors, any wheel combination, a Launch Edition (surprised that was even offered to me at all since I'm not a LE holder), and potentially one with no underbody shield. She gave no guarantees, but basically, if one comes available that matches either my configuration, or one of my flexible options, she'll call me to ask me if I want to accept one that is not my config, or to tell me that my config is being built.

I told her I set her contact info as an emergency contact in my phone so that she can get through "do not disturb" or in the middle of the night if need be....that's the last phone call on earth that I want to miss :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wondering if any, non-LE, pre-order holders have been contacted by Rivian for early delivery?
I received my vehicle end of March from a November 2018 reservation date. I live in San Diego county California and have seen 6 or more vehicles. I have VIN 1730. My understanding is that the first 1500 went to employees (not sure, but I was told that)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow...that's extremely promising for my situation. Not sure your location vs. omamatt's - but it also helps to have a Service Center nearby. Here in PHX, ours is up and fully operational.
Guess you have a R
Any chance you saw any R1S in the Phoenix service center lot? Has Rivian delivered any yet aside from the original 2? Just asking as a Phoenix area (non-launch) R1S reservation holder from 4/2021.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Guess you have a R

Any chance you saw any R1S in the Phoenix service center lot? Has Rivian delivered any yet aside from the original 2? Just asking as a Phoenix area (non-launch) R1S reservation holder from 4/2021.
I'm not sure what you mean by "Guess you have a R" Care to clarify?
I did not see any R1S at the service center, but I know a Phoenix resident a few days ago saw a delivery truck with several R1T's and 1 R1S on it at the service center here in PHX. R1S are being rolled out like the R1T was - employees only right now - although on a much smaller test scale than the R1T. I wouldn't get my hopes up as there's no real delivery date even for the earliest of R1S reservation holders.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So Rivian will have another bunch of pissed of res holders by delivering non LEs to folks who reserved 2.5 years after some of the earliest supporters?
[/QUOTE]
I placed my pre-order in Feb 2019 . . . live in the SF Bay Area and see Rivian's driving around on the daily (guessing they are all employees or influencers).

I don't have the energy to be pissed any more . . . I basically built an LE shortly after deciding against the 400 mile battery pack when Rivian wouldn't let me revert to an LE.

And I've been blue with black interior, sigh!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts