Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
If rivian doesn’t demonstrate Max Pack capability by June, I’m out.
Rivian has already stated Max Pack will not be available until 2023. Most, I think, are receiving delivery timelines toward the second half or late 2023. Clearly they weren't able to get the results out of it they hoped they would. Or, some other issues arose from having 185 kwh battery. They likely would have been happy to collect an extra $10,000 on each car sold if they could have. I wanted the max pack too. But, decided that for my needs, the 314 mile battery will suffice just fine. Won't be the case for everyone. My Tesla has over 350 miles in range, per the car. But, never get close to that in real world driving. Tesla overstates their ranges while it appears most others are either, accurate or understated.

Are there any R1T reservation holders NOT planning to actually go through with the purchase of an R1T? Would you be willing to sell your reservation? Doesn’t have to be LE.
Probably should have put "Rivian" in your title. Being that this is a Tesla Model S forum and all. Was thinking this would be about a pre-order for a Model S.

Would post in one of the Rivian forums. But, there are already posts of people offering up to $10,000 to buy reservations. Doesn't appear there are too many takers. Unlike making a $100 reservation for a Ford or GMC or most others, Rivian's $1,000 deposit to reserve likely weeded out the ones that weren't serious about actually purchasing. Ford has 200,000+ reservations. Rivian "only" 71,000. Rivian will likely turn a higher percentage of those orders into actual purchases than will Ford. I gladly made Hummer and Lightning reservations at $100. Turns out, the one I wanted most, the Rivian, I hesitated on, because of the $1,000 price tag. Figured I better be sure first.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Rivian has already stated Max Pack will not be available until 2023. Most, I think, are receiving delivery timelines toward the second half or late 2023. Clearly they weren't able to get the results out of it they hoped they would. Or, some other issues arose from having 185 kwh battery. They likely would have been happy to collect an extra $10,000 on each car sold if they could have. I wanted the max pack too. But, decided that for my needs, the 314 mile battery will suffice just fine. Won't be the case for everyone. My Tesla has over 350 miles in range, per the car. But, never get close to that in real world driving. Tesla overstates their ranges while it appears most others are either, accurate or understated.

Probably should have put "Rivian" in your title. Being that this is a Tesla Model S forum and all. Was thinking this would be about a pre-order for a Model S.

Would post in one of the Rivian forums. But, there are already posts of people offering up to $10,000 to buy reservations. Doesn't appear there are too many takers. Unlike making a $100 reservation for a Ford or GMC or most others, Rivian's $1,000 deposit to reserve likely weeded out the ones that weren't serious about actually purchasing. Ford has 200,000+ reservations. Rivian "only" 71,000. Rivian will likely turn a higher percentage of those orders into actual purchases than will Ford. I gladly made Hummer and Lightning reservations at $100. Turns out, the one I wanted most, the Rivian, I hesitated on, because of the $1,000 price tag. Figured I better be sure first.
Wow, I brain farted. Disregard. Last half. Thought I was in the Tesla forum still. Yikes. Getting too late I guess. Time for bed! Sorry!

·
Banned
473 Posts
Wow, I brain farted. Disregard. Last half. Thought I was in the Tesla forum still. Yikes. Getting too late I guess. Time for bed! Sorry!
Rivian should be building Test mules for the max pack NOW. We want them now too, but atvleastvtheybsboukd be testing and showing us. Waiting 2 more years is nit going to cut it with me. It’s max pack or. I thing for a Rivian project for me. Otherwise I will take the 500+ CT, or get an ICE truck and wait for the next cycle to pass thru

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR / 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
115 Posts
Dumb question: Will Rivian offer a later "upgrade" option for those who want to get the R1T sooner and then upgrade to max pack at a later date?
Not unless you want to upgrade by buying a new vehicle.

Rectangle Font Number Circle Screenshot

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not unless you want to upgrade by buying a new vehicle.

View attachment 4299
Thanks. I missed that in the FAQ.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
Планировал купить R1T Max Pack и был отправлен в начале 2023 года. Подумываю отказаться от покупки.
[QUOTE = "Последнее сообщение, сообщение: 20383, участник: 6842"]
Есть ли держатели бронирования R1T, которые НЕ планируют покупать R1T? Вы бы хотели продать свою бронь? Не обязательно быть LE.
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
Are there any R1T reservation holders NOT planning to actually go through with the purchase of an R1T? Would you be willing to sell your reservation? Doesn’t have to be LE.
I was planning to buy the P1T Max Pack and was sent to the beginning of 2023. I am thinking of abandoning the purchase.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks, reviewing the press reports in various financial news outlets bears that out. The deposit process felt like a scam and set off alarm bells so I balked. Rivian press seems better and although the stock price has dropped after the ipo frenzy the company is actually producing vehicles. Hopefully my tundra will last long enough for my Rivian to arrive and not pull a bluesmobile moment before the movie is over.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have an R1T Max configured, with a Rivian-provided delivery window of mid-2023. The vehicle I want however is the R1S Max, a model that doesn't currently exist and can't be configured. Given that the R1S Max (really "Longer Range" - based on my conversations with Rivian CS, the battery pack will not have 180kWh capacity and will be not be called Max), is unlikely to start delivering until perhaps 2025, I'm torn between options.

One is to not change anything and to simply take delivery of the R1T Max in 2023 (which I strongly suspect will really be 2024). Another is to wait and re-configure my pre-order to the new R1S model and wait until 2025 for that one to get to my driveway. I suppose that a third option would be to sell the R1T Max reservation.

For now, I'm just going to sit tight and wait to see what develops.

·
Registered
84 Posts

Time and time again, I raised concerns regarding vehicle pricing and manufacturing deadlines, but no one listened, even though I have extensive experience launching and pricing vehicles. It wasn’t until my (often less experienced) male colleagues raised the exact same ideas that the Chief Growth Officer (internally called Chief Commercial Officer) would respond. Never in my years in the auto industry had I experienced such blatant marginalization.

Schwab said she warned executives that Rivian’s vehicles were underpriced but she was rebuffed. Behl later agreed Rivian would need to raise vehicle prices after a male executive raised the issue with him, the lawsuit states.

Schwab said she also voiced skepticism around Rivian’s manufacturing and delivery targets during sales and operations meetings in September. Rivian last week disclosed in an amended securities filing it plans to deliver 1,000 R1Ts by the end of the year.

Life Outside the Boys Club: Why I Spoke Up About Rivian’s Toxic Bro Culture (and Got Fired).
Women are not given the linear paths to success that many men take for granted. My 20-year journey in the automotive industry began with an…
medium.com
medium.com
www.cnbc.com

Ex-Aston Martin executive says Rivian fired her for raising concerns about a 'toxic bro culture'
A former Rivian executive sued the electric vehicle start-up on Thursday, claiming she was fired after raising concerns about the company's workplace culture.
www.cnbc.com
www.cnbc.com
celebpie.com

Who Is Laura Schwab? Rivian Exec Fired - Age Salary & Husband - Lawsuit
Learn about Who Is Laura Schwab? Rivian Exec Fired - Age Salary & Husband - Lawsuit. Laura Schwab is the fired executive of Rivian.
celebpie.com
celebpie.com
Former Rivian Executive Alleges Gender Discrimination, "Toxic Bro Culture" at EV Startup

www.autonews.com

Laura Schwab says Rivian fired her after she spoke up about pricing, manufacturing problems
In her lawsuit, Schwab says problems began less than six months into the job, when she raised concerns about the company's ability to "deliver on promises to investors."
www.autonews.com
www.autonews.com
agirlsguidetocars.com

Laura Schwab Takes on Toxic Culture In a Lawsuit Against Electric Car Maker Rivian | A Girls Guide to Cars
Laura Schwab calls out Rivian for hypocrisy, toxic bro culture, and ultimately, retaliation against her when she spoke out.
agirlsguidetocars.com
agirlsguidetocars.com
www.cnbc.com

Ex-Aston Martin executive says Rivian fired her for raising concerns about a 'toxic bro culture'
A former Rivian executive sued the electric vehicle start-up on Thursday, claiming she was fired after raising concerns about the company's workplace culture.
www.cnbc.com
www.cnbc.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
If they allow for it, I have a March/April LE in launch green ready to be ordered that I might be interested in parting with.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts