Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think I’m in a minority here. Electronics are nice but not what I’m buying the R1S for. Everyone thinks it is so expensive, I think it is a bargain.

Find one other vehicle that comes close to the on road performance, off road capabilities, fits 7 and still has room for luggage for under 80k.

·
Registered
554 Posts
well then....that's horrible...I wonder why? I don't have any vehicle without apple car play...no idea how I'd get Waze, Pandora, and all the other apps to work? Do they just work independently of the Apple Car Play interface?
I'm fairly confident that you will not be able to have Waze integration.

MAYBE there will be Pandora? Not sure on that one, yet.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm fairly confident that you will not be able to have Waze integration.

MAYBE there will be Pandora? Not sure on that one, yet.
we love waze for many reasons, one being the ability to see traffic issues very clearly and have police monitoring...no other navi works this well and they should certainly make it so that it works. Apple Car Play should be a must....

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
182 Posts
On my way i3 I use Bluetooth to play YouTube music and it works but I only use it for commuting so I set it up before leaving the garage and it is the same album when I get to destination. I would not like to travel with that.

Hopefully there will be a visual interface with YouTube music. Not a deal breaker though because it is all software. So my real question is whether they have plans to implement it or not. Even if it is implemented 2 or 3 years from now it's ok.

·
Registered
82 Posts
well then....that's horrible...I wonder why? I don't have any vehicle without apple car play...no idea how I'd get Waze, Pandora, and all the other apps to work?
Yes, this is horrible, and all of us pre-order holders that seamlessly use smartphones interchangeably between different vehicles now, know it. Often times, automakers are SO FOCUSSED ON THIER OWN VEHICLE that they miss the broader, end-to-end customer experience that sets expectations outside of the boundaries of their own vehicles little black box. Hubris, partnerships, technology and $$$ all weigh on these discussions. At the end of the day, I have yet to find a better way (than Apple CarPlay) to leverage the apps I use most while driving, natively inside the infotainment center. Waze, Spotify, etc. are all too central to our driving and our smartphones to be left out of a modern in-dash experience.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts