Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

Trade in your old vehicle or sell it yourself?

• Trade in

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Sell it yourself

Votes: 4 57.1%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate the idea of trying to sell the Model S on my own but my guess is the trade-in will be 35% or even lower than what I could get selling it direct. But I hate the idea of showing people the car and trusting somebody is not giving me a bum check etc.

My oldest car I sold years ago for like $3,000 and even then they wanted me to lie on the form so they didn't have to pay as much tax. I hate people.

The last one was an original model year Honda S2000 with 7,000, mi on it that I sold for more than I bought it for but I lucked out some guy from San Francisco really wanted it and I met him at the Wells Fargo bank and watched him get a cashier's check.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's very low mileage and that seems to be a problem with trade-ins. My Honda S2000 the dealer offered me $9,000 and said they didn't include mileage bonuses on their trade and offers, whatever, BS. The Model S was a fairweather only car and has less than 3,000 mi on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hate the idea of trying to sell the Model S on my own but my guess is the trade-in will be 35% or even lower than what I could get selling it direct. But I hate the idea of showing people the car and trusting somebody is not giving me a bum check etc.

My oldest car I sold years ago for like $3,000 and even then they wanted me to lie on the form so they didn't have to pay as much tax. I hate people.

The last one was an original model year Honda S2000 with 7,000, mi on it that I sold for more than I bought it for but I lucked out some guy from San Francisco really wanted it and I met him at the Wells Fargo bank and watched him get a cashier's check.
I hear they are giving great trade in rates, but Step 1 of selling it privately is to not take personal checks and do as you did last time and both go to the bank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.