Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't it this month that many of the lucky ones are going to get contacted by Rivian Guides? I am not expecting my call anytime soon but hoping if others are getting contacted and how is the experience?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
May is indeed the month they are said to start reaching out but they also mention 'near Thanksgiving'

"A dedicated Rivian Guide will be assigned to every preorder holder. Guides will begin reaching out to Adventure and Explore Package preorder holders near Thanksgiving based on the above three factors, however, due to the large number of preorders, many of you won’t be in this initial cohort of outreach. We will be able to more accurately estimate delivery times for all Adventure and Explore Package preorder holders closer to that time. Once your Guide reaches out, they will be with you every step of the way — from purchase to delivery and beyond."

·
Registered
120 Posts
May is indeed the month they are said to start reaching out but they also mention 'near Thanksgiving'

"A dedicated Rivian Guide will be assigned to every preorder holder. Guides will begin reaching out to Adventure and Explore Package preorder holders near Thanksgiving based on the above three factors, however, due to the large number of preorders, many of you won’t be in this initial cohort of outreach. We will be able to more accurately estimate delivery times for all Adventure and Explore Package preorder holders closer to that time. Once your Guide reaches out, they will be with you every step of the way — from purchase to delivery and beyond."
I think the Near thanksgiving specifically is referencing the Adventure and Explore preorders. It is after the LE preorders have been contacted.

This was from the Email they sent out on 4/23/2021;

"A dedicated Rivian Guide will be assigned to every preorder holder. Guides will begin reaching out in May based on the above three factors, however, due to the large number of preorders, many of you won’t be in this initial cohort of outreach. We expect every Launch Edition preorder holder to meet their Guide by Thanksgiving"

·
Registered
31 Posts
They hope to reach all LE preorder holders BY Thanksgiving, so if you’re not a LE holder, then you may want to sit tight for a few months. Always subject to change though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I do hope they make PDF versions of the manuals available for all preorder holders once they start reaching out.

That would go a long way to answer so many questions about the vehicle features and functions. This would probably offload more than 75% of the onslaught the guides will need to handle once they start reaching out.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
307 Posts
Welcome!

Reactions: MCRNGR

·
Registered
2019 GMC Sierra AT4
6 Posts
Yes, by Thanksgiving is what they're saying. But their site says the LE starts deliveries in June. Even if that's only one vehicle...SOMEONE by now should have been contacted about their June delivery LE preorder.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yes, by Thanksgiving is what they're saying. But their site says the LE starts deliveries in June. Even if that's only one vehicle...SOMEONE by now should have been contacted about their June delivery LE preorder.
Disagree. I bet we see people contacted in the next week or two. Still plenty of time for JUNE deliveries.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No "golden ticket" for me yet, R1T white LE, pre-order 5-17-19. Still hoping to hear something, from ANYONE, that has been contacted by a Rivian guide. If they really are going to begin delivery in June, they had best get moving. As soon as someone IS contacted, would be nice to hear their configuration and pre-order date, unless they are sworn to secrecy under penalty of cancellation by Rivian? Who knows, but with about 3 weeks to go, something has to be happening very soon...

·
Registered
34 Posts
No "golden ticket" for me yet, R1T white LE, pre-order 5-17-19. Still hoping to hear something, from ANYONE, that has been contacted by a Rivian guide. If they really are going to begin delivery in June, they had best get moving. As soon as someone IS contacted, would be nice to hear their configuration and pre-order date, unless they are sworn to secrecy under penalty of cancellation by Rivian? Who knows, but with about 3 weeks to go, something has to be happening very soon...
Yah, I'm at point where I don't expect to have the truck in June (reservation R1T , Launch Green, 12/8/2018). Just doesn't seem like they are ready for launch.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Having a run of production vehicles out to customers the last week of June is still beginning deliveries in June. Having those customers contacted the last week of May, about 4 weeks before delivery, to lock everything in would still be beginning to hear from guides in May.

My money is on a big site revamp with EPA numbers, all the options and add ons, full vehicle tour videos, etc., happening concurrently with the actual launch of the guide program. They haven't backed off from their claims of May for guides and June for deliveries, and so far, they have not missed that promise.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Website update with EPA ratings, cabin noise, and expected tread life for each wheel option would be hugely helpful.

Or maybe send an email with a link to a new site to answer anticipated questions, step by step process details, and give us some time to look it over, and then get a call from your Guide to finalize. One thing for certain, they need to have as many questions answered as possible BEFORE the Guides make contact, otherwise going to be very inefficient, and certainly they have thought this through already.

They already know they are building LE vehicles, and they already have a rough idea of color preferences exterior/interior, so they could sensibly just begin production of 75-80% of what was configured, put wheels on and change as needed. Hopefully they are doing this now, but who knows. Customer service just won't say yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts