Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, right on brand, Rivian decides to hawk more stuff that is "COMING SOON" - Anybody else find this hilarious!?!

Are they really that desensitized not to know that pre-order holders might get a little tweaked when they go to order from the Gear Shop and see a bunch of items that are "COMING SOON"? Feels like someone in marketing is laughing at all the people that love Rivian SO MUCH that they will want to buy another item that they will need to wait for!!!

To each their own, but I'm not doing any free advertising for Rivian until I take actual delivery of my LE R1T, and know that it is LEGIT.
Then, and only then, and only if the R1T lives up to all the hype (which I think it will), am I actually going to drink from my Rivian sippy cup.

PS -

Really don't need any shirts or schwag that say "NORMAL" on them, but what do I know. Those things will be selling like hotcakes in Normal ILL though, making more employees very happy I'm sure - particularly the ones with the trucks! Oh, the irony...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have no issue with the swag and think it's a great next step and drums up interest.

As a Canadian, I just wish I could actually go through with the order. I'd love a new vessel for morning coffee.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
People complained they couldn't buy merch, now they complain they can. The world never ceases to amaze.

I placed an order on the gear shop, and I look forward to receiving it.

Like any merch shop, they will introduce new items, over time. Seems perfectly reasonable. You don't have to buy any, if you don't want to.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No doubt, this was really meant as tongue in cheek since half the stuff on the site ain't for sale yet.
People will absolutely drool all over swag - I get it.
I'm just not playing that game.

The Rivian Stories guys on YT kill me with their never ending pleas to Rivian to let them sell their T-shirts. My god.

Just build the truck and focus on getting the actual product out.
The Swag will come. And sure, I will buy a hat or a T-shirt at some point... Once I have an actual truck to hang that hat on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.