Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't like the off white, I don't ever choose black if I don't have to and I'm really not a fan of the pea green. Would love a tan option.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did travel to Austin to see the Rivian.. They had the R1T and the R1S on display. The T was in Rivian blue and white interior and the S was white and white. Fitting for the show.We have dogs and the white would be a bit more maintenance. Black interior is not for me. We have a black interior now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would expect for a high end, off road, rugged vehicle they would have had offered better interior options for getting dirty. Black and white show pretty much everything, the green isn't bad, but would prefer a saddle brown like you see in the King Ranch ford trucks or the Dodge Laramie packages.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I want black leather with the lighter color wood trim or a non-wood option. Really not a fan of the black wood trim.
The "Explore" equipment package uses textiles in place of the wood trim on the dash, which looks really sharp and a bit more modern.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would expect for a high end, off road, rugged vehicle they would have had offered better interior options for getting dirty. Black and white show pretty much everything, the green isn't bad, but would prefer a saddle brown like you see in the King Ranch ford trucks or the Dodge Laramie packages.
Agree with you, too. A saddle leather option, or even a medium gray color would have been a good option.

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
147 Posts
I am very happy with the black as my choice. Originally I wasn't thrilled with the black wood on any car but having seen it on my current Audi and on several other vehicles it is really nice. The saddle brown or grey concept would of been nice but I understand them limiting the options to provide quality and hit delivery times.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just adding my two cents in case corporate is reviewing the feedback.
I would really like the all black option with the explore package. Textile or wood doesn't really matter. There is a black option but it still has white upper door panels and roof.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Would love a saddle brown interior which I think would go really well with several of the exterior colors. Currently choose black as the interior green doesn't work with forest green exterior color I choose.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just adding my two cents in case corporate is reviewing the feedback.
I would really like the all black option with the explore package. Textile or wood doesn't really matter. There is a black option but it still has white upper door panels and roof.

View attachment 962
i too like the black lower with grey upper. i do think the pano roof will lighten up the interior even with all black.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Agree with you, too. A saddle leather option, or even a medium gray color would have been a good option.
Love the saddle leather in my old wrangler and the saddle leather in my grand Cherokee summit is gorgeous too (the leather is too soft in the GC, so it scratches easily).
Would love a saddle option here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just posted in the "Configurator" section. It seems germane here, as well:

I agree with the wishes to have a tan (and/or brown) interior option, but I'm pleased that we have such a great variety of paint choices. As many folks have opined, tan would match up well with any exterior color, in part because it's a natural, fairly neutral color we've seen all our lives on car interiors. The Forest Edge (paired with Launch Green) works for me, in part because it reminds me of my "highly"-used '69 Chevy Caprice Estate station wagon that I had during college and for a few years after that served as my first "Adventure Vehicle".

While I think the Ocean Coast looks great, my fear is that all those bright surfaces (including the headliner) will not only be hard to keep clean, but they'll reflect a lot of light off the interior of the windows. From the pictures provided to date, I can't tell how dark the top of any of the dashboards are, but I hate having to wear polarized sunglasses to keep reflected glare off the windshield. Even if all three dashboards have a matted finish, anything other than black will cause you to see the reflection of the dashboard in the light of the sun or from streetlights at night. The sunlight through the trees causes an obnoxious stroboscopic effect while driving through the forest or along tree-lined highways (pretty common here in Oregon and Washington). With the Ocean Coast, I'm afraid all of those bright surfaces are going to cause a lot of reflected light off of the inside of the windows. That said, I may have to rethink the Forest Edge and take another look at Black Mountain.

After proofreading all of this, I'm reminded of the first rule of the Cavalry, "When the horse dies, dismount."

·
Registered
1 Posts
+1

1 - 20 of 35 Posts