Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
My R1T was delivered in June, SN 76XX and I have 8000 miles on it already ? ..... I still have to wipe the smile off my face after I drive it. I was a early Tesla Model S owner before the R1T so I was and am very familiar with the early years of a major automobile manufacture startup. Rivian has hit it out of the park with the hardware, software has some adjustments and I know it will improve. The Rivian SC (used once) in Denver has been on par with the Tesla SC's I used in the past so no surprises or disappointments. As for all the Rivian naysayers and complainers, go wait for the other EV trucks or SUV's to show up on the streets and then complain on their forums. I have owned every one of the big three manufacturers trucks and my Rivian R1T is my favorite by far!

· Registered
R1T Limestone/OC, R1S on order, RAV4 Prime
36 Posts
Shawn wonder how much of the stock you have shorted?

Anyone who bought a Rivian and has one on order understands the challenges of this new company building this new vehicles at a new factory with new employees with a new process. There are definitely going to be problems, just like Tesla had (or has) and like many other manufacturers have with new vehicles. Comes with the territory.

Your example of having to unlock your phone to change apps skips over 'Hey Siri' or 'Hey Google' which can do this for you, or use the integrated apps like you are required too in a Tesla. People complain about lack of buttons but I rarely change the temperature in my car, 70 or 72 and that is it, let auto do its job.,

Good luck and hopefully you can sell it with a straight face since you hate it so much.
AND, you can just say "Alexa, set the temperature to 72" Or. "Alexa, turn Climate On"... Loving my Rivian

· Registered
82 Posts
My only trip to the service center was last week to replace the glass roof that cracked when I placed my knee on the back corner to reach the front roof rack while loading lumber. Rivian in Chelsea MA had someone around to accept the vehicle at 5:30 pm and was done in 2 days. They comped me a Lyft to the airport. The paint was damaged by a tool I assume they used to remove the old roof but I have touch up paint and I am not going to complain, this is a working pickup and I have already installed some scratches myself. I have had two service calls in my driveway, one for the “recall”. I am impressed with service so far. As far as stock price goes I am a buy and hold kind of guy which served me well when I bought a pile of Apple in the 80s. I’m more concerned with the strength and make up of the glass roof since I typically carry a ladder & often lumber on the roof racks and hope it is at least laminated like a windshield. It certainly isn’t tempered as I would have had a cab full of little cubes after cracking the roof.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts