Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if I'm late to this but I just spotted this on the Rivian Twitter account. It's kinda light on details. I assume they're talking about the same update that brought @Geocacher37 a theoretical range of more than 1,200 miles :ROFLMAO:

Apparently the Large battery pack quad motor trucks now have a max range of 328 miles - Rivian says that's the best range of any electric truck. But what I'm mostly curious about is if there will be range increases for other configurations.

Has anyone noticed a range bump on their own R1T?

· Registered
1,119 Posts
I think that will be noticeable after winter (as temps will just keep dropping now).
So, maybe noticing "range preservation" would be more accurate for those in the northern states.

· Registered
Rivian R1T (Adventure - CR, BM, 21", Ordered 10/5/2021, Delivered 6/24/2022), Suburban 2500, VW ID.4
261 Posts
On 21s in all purpose mode. Charged to 70% today for the first time since the update. Usually I was seeing 215 predicted, today it is 217. The charging screen is still showing the same numbers as before for a full charge, 301 on all purpose, 326 on conserve and 297 on sport. Will be charging to 100 before a trip on Saturday, so I will see what the dash says then. I am wondering if the text on the charging screen is built-in, and hasn't been updated yet.

· Registered
9 Posts
On 21s in all purpose mode. Charged to 70% today for the first time since the update. Usually I was seeing 215 predicted, today it is 217. The charging screen is still showing the same numbers as before for a full charge, 301 on all purpose, 326 on conserve and 297 on sport. Will be charging to 100 before a trip on Saturday, so I will see what the dash says then. I am wondering if the text on the charging screen is built-in, and hasn't been updated yet.
I’m seeing the exact same thing.

· Registered
204 Posts
I don't know about a boost in range as it's too cold to see that at the moment. I do know it has royally screwed up bluetooth and phone key. First time since I've had the truck that I've needed to use the keycard to access and drive.

· Registered
9 Posts
I don't know about a boost in range as it's too cold to see that at the moment. I do know it has royally screwed up bluetooth and phone key. First time since I've had the truck that I've needed to use the keycard to access and drive.
Good point! I also had PaaK glitch on me after the upgrade. Luckily a turn on/off Bluetooth on my phone seemed to get it all sorted. Hasn’t happened since 🤞

· Registered
2 Posts
At 70% my range has jumped to 229 in Conserve Mode. This was a definite jump that happened after the last update I'm in SoCal and the weather has gone from a low of around 40, to a high of 80 in the past week. Did see some slight decline when the temp dropped.
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Car Vehicle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts