Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone on here has had a Raptor and now owns a Rivian? I had a 2018 sold it, currently inline for R1T. Looking for pros/cons regrets ect... Watching a 2020 Raptor now if prices keep falling I may be back in Raptor.
Thanks
Jack

· Registered
38 Posts
My neighbor went from 2020 Raptor to an R1T. Pros for them was the smaller size, upscaled interior, increased on road performance, but the biggest one for them was the fuel consumption of the raptor was a bit much. They have not mentioned any downsides as of yet. They did get quite a bit for their raptor trade in.

· Registered
2 Posts
I had a '19 Raptor. Got totaled during Covid, Bought a M/T Tacoma which was only thing available at the time. Ordered a '22 raptor and the R1T at the same time. R1T arrived two weeks ago. Cancelled the Raptor order but Ford is still sending me apology letters about supply chain difficulties with no predicted delivery date.

Raptors are awesome but they drive really HUGE. The extra 6" of width over other 1/2 ton trucks I've owned was very noticeable to me. Parking, staying in lanes, all required more conscious thought. I live in the Seattle suburbs. If I lived in a more spacious city like Phoenix, the size wouldn't have bugged me as much. Mileage was better than my Tundra and the 35 gal tank made for great range albeit expensive fill ups. My driver seat stitching was falling apart after 10K mi and I had some other issues which made me feel like this was not a truck that would be trouble free in the long run like my Tundra or Tacoma. We'll see how the Rivian does in this department.

The Rivian is way faster everywhere. I never felt like the Raptor was that fast off the line with the turbos. Once moving it felt like a speeding freight train though. I love the size of the Rivian. Tacoma was too small, Raptor too big. The bed size on the Rivian is a bit silly length wise but I do like the width for sheet goods and how long the tailgate is when open. Random Gripe: the tailgate design totally bugs me with how there is no traditional latch on the back and how you have to grab the sloped painted surface to close the tailgate. I'd love to trade the Tron light bar for a grab handle. Raptor interior storage is huge with the back seats folded up but I find that with the gear tunnel and frunk, I can store the same amount of tools and junk in the Rivian and not have to look at it or move it if I need the back seats.
Rivian sound system and the quality of the interior is much better than any of the Raptors.

I'm still getting used to the EV life and coping with range anxiety but so far, so good. I never was in love with the Tacoma and I don't miss the Raptor at all.

· Registered
R1T, Sept 2021 preorder
24 Posts
I was close to buying a Raptor, not that I had a good reason to, I just thought they were very cool. Then the announcement for the R1T came out and I was no longer interested in a Raptor. Now, a few years later when I drive by a Raptor in my R1T, I think to myself that I am glad I held out.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a '19 Raptor. Got totaled during Covid, Bought a M/T Tacoma which was only thing available at the time. Ordered a '22 raptor and the R1T at the same time. R1T arrived two weeks ago. Cancelled the Raptor order but Ford is still sending me apology letters about supply chain difficulties with no predicted delivery date.

Raptors are awesome but they drive really HUGE. The extra 6" of width over other 1/2 ton trucks I've owned was very noticeable to me. Parking, staying in lanes, all required more conscious thought. I live in the Seattle suburbs. If I lived in a more spacious city like Phoenix, the size wouldn't have bugged me as much. Mileage was better than my Tundra and the 35 gal tank made for great range albeit expensive fill ups. My driver seat stitching was falling apart after 10K mi and I had some other issues which made me feel like this was not a truck that would be trouble free in the long run like my Tundra or Tacoma. We'll see how the Rivian does in this department.

The Rivian is way faster everywhere. I never felt like the Raptor was that fast off the line with the turbos. Once moving it felt like a speeding freight train though. I love the size of the Rivian. Tacoma was too small, Raptor too big. The bed size on the Rivian is a bit silly length wise but I do like the width for sheet goods and how long the tailgate is when open. Random Gripe: the tailgate design totally bugs me with how there is no traditional latch on the back and how you have to grab the sloped painted surface to close the tailgate. I'd love to trade the Tron light bar for a grab handle. Raptor interior storage is huge with the back seats folded up but I find that with the gear tunnel and frunk, I can store the same amount of tools and junk in the Rivian and not have to look at it or move it if I need the back seats.
Rivian sound system and the quality of the interior is much better than any of the Raptors.

I'm still getting used to the EV life and coping with range anxiety but so far, so good. I never was in love with the Tacoma and I don't miss the Raptor at all.
Very well said appreciate your reply.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts