• Why are you wasting my time?

Votes: 3 18.8%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a pre-order for the F-150 Lightning. My dealer gave me the option to get the Lariat this summer but I don't want to spend 67k+ since I am already getting the R1S LE. My plan was to get the cheaper Pro or XLT.

Do you guys think it's worth buying to flip?

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR / 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
115 Posts
Reactions: Sultanum

·
Registered
58 Posts
if it helps you with your decision... I got an email and a text from Ford today saying "Because we’re inviting a few additional customers to order the 2022 F‑150®Lightning. That’s right, this is your chance to lock in the 2022 model year." After I configured a Platinum with most of the bells and whistles it came to $93k. The local dealer added $10k to get it up to $103k. I too was thinking of possibly flipping it. But IMO the dealer is taking what little cream there might be in the deal. I already took delivery of my R1T about 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if it helps you with your decision... I got an email and a text from Ford today saying "Because we’re inviting a few additional customers to order the 2022 F‑150®Lightning. That’s right, this is your chance to lock in the 2022 model year." After I configured a Platinum with most of the bells and whistles it came to $93k. The local dealer added $10k to get it up to $103k. I too was thinking of possibly flipping it. But IMO the dealer is taking what little cream there might be in the deal. I already took delivery of my R1T about 2 weeks ago.
My dealer told me that they wouldn't add a mark-up in earlier conversations. But yeah, it is not on paper so they may change that.

·
Registered
541 Posts
First day depositor who chose the wrong dealer who put me at the end of their line to '23-'24. At that point, Ford will not be getting the $7,500 so it makes it more attractive to a buyer who can't get it. I suspect the F150EV will be available before the Rivian but I like the Rivian's smaller size for my urban environment and parking garage at home and work. Both have the same 11k tow rating for the boat and same range to get to the coast with the boat tow, 100 miles. Plus I'm getting an $85k Rivian for $68k so the resale on the Rivian will always be great. I drive 25k a year so four years is when I get a new vehicle. More so with the EV's due to the battery degradation.

So hoping to sell the F150EV and make $5k on it to help finance the Rivian in '24.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I like those trucks. I'm sure that reservation has a lot of value to it, assuming Ford won't be able to deliver Lightnings faster than it has been producing Broncos. People are still waiting for those.
Ford got stung with dealers charging an added dealer markup so they've outlawed it with the Lightning, along with other games dealers have been playing.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I believe Ford does have a "no sale" provision that can be used in their contract preventing resale within a year of purchase. I think it was one of these provisions that got Cena in trouble. Regardless, I am sure Ford dealers are going to piss a lot of people off with their huge ADMs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.