Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Serious Question. I didn't order until October, 2021 and am finding out that we may be waiting till 2023 or 2024.... Interested in possibly buying a slot that might otherwise be cancelled?

Let me know if interested.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Serious Question. I didn't order until October, 2020 and am finding out that we may be waiting till 2023 or 2024.... Interested in possibly buying a slot that might otherwise be cancelled?

You might have to get in line AND be willing to pay a pretty penny. I believe there have been a few posts offering up to $10k for an LE reservation, and I bet there are others willing to go beyond that.

Good luck though if you can find it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
@AmerikanMatt You must not have an LE configured, because I believe all LE preorder holders have been notified of their delivery windows, and they're not 2023 ... I preordered just about the same time as you, and I have an LE scheduled for delivery May-June 2022. Launch Editions are going to be delivered first. If you want a non-LE, then an earlier date isn't going to help you much.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@AmerikanMatt You must not have an LE configured, because I believe all LE preorder holders have been notified of their delivery windows, and they're not 2023 ... I preordered just about the same time as you, and I have an LE scheduled for delivery May-June 2022. Launch Editions are going to be delivered first. If you want a non-LE, then an earlier date isn't going to help you much.
Obviously don’t have an LE that’s why I’m offering. Per my OP, I configured and deposited in October of 2020. Would gladly pay $10K for someone’s LE or even 2019 spot. Early 2020 would be considered too just to move up in line.

That being said…. Does anyone know if priority is being given based on order date or is configuration going to play a large role? Someone was saying they may run like all of one color for awhile so if you ordered in that specific color you may move up….. or if you have a Max-pack battery, you’ll be pushed down the list.

Anyone know if there’s any truth to those rumors?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Obviously don’t have an LE that’s why I’m offering.
No, not really obvious, since it sounds like you are saying the 2023 delivery is because of your Oct 2020 order date. It's not - your 'maybe in 2023' delivery is because you didn't order an LE, not because you ordered "late". You didn't mention your configuration.

People who ordered after you are going to get their vehicles way before you, IF they ordered an LE. And if you had ordered in 2018 but didn't configure an LE, chances are you're still looking at the end of 2022 or later. So as I said,
If you want a non-LE, then an earlier date isn't going to help you much.
Specifically, a year from now, the production rate will be much higher than it is today, so the delivery time between the first non-LE preorder from 2018 and your non-LE preorder from 2020 isn't going to be two years. (LEs are scheduled for March - September, see Poll: Share your R1T delivery windows here, which is a 6 month window for all preorders made over the span of two years).

If you're saying that now you will pay a premium to get an LE that wasn't suitable for you a year ago, well again that wasn't clear. Not sure why you didn't just order the LE if the delivery schedule was the most important thing for you. I personally opted out of the Max pack in order to get the LE, because I wanted it sooner. I figure I will drive that for a couple of years then get a second with the Max pack + all the other improvements I expect them to make based on customer experience with the vehicles.

The actual ranking of deliveries hasn't been disclosed, likely because it isn't definite and they want the freedom to adapt to circumstances. But Rivian has publicly said that the ranking depends on your location and your configuration, and it has said that the Large pack will be produced first, and it has said Launch Green will only be available for the LE, etc., so I think it's safe to assume that the Max pack lowers your priority. With all the pressure to increase production, the easiest way to do that is to ship Large packs first - they can make either 4 Large pack vehicles or only 3 Max pack vehicles with the same number of batteries, so the quickest way to get the numbers is to ship Large packs, at least until the LE preorders are fulfilled.

·
Registered
757 Posts
You should read the S1 so you can get an understanding for the delivery model and then listen to the webcast on the upcoming quarterly earnings call.
The demand is there, so my plan is to drive my LE for a couple of years and when the Max Pack I ordered is ready, sell the LE R1T. Who knows, maybe for what I paid for it at this rate.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, not really obvious, since it sounds like you are saying the 2023 delivery is because of your Oct 2020 order date. It's not - your 'maybe in 2023' delivery is because you didn't order an LE, not because you ordered "late". You didn't mention your configuration.

People who ordered after you are going to get their vehicles way before you, IF they ordered an LE.

Dude…. Launch Edition has been sold out for over a year, so the fact that I didn’t order until October 2020 should make it Super Obvious that I don’t have an LE configured.

No one who “ordered after me” will have an LE configured. It’s not possible.

As for Max pack vs large pack, I was hoping that wouldn’t be the case. I need the max pack but want my Rivian….. lol. Dammit!

Oh well….. still willing to pay $10k for someone’s LE reservation of they’re willing to part with it.

BTW - my configuration is currently Rivian Blue (although I change it every week cause I like all the colors) R1T with Forest Edge interior, Adventure Package, 20” AT wheels, max pack, camper kitchen, tent, and off-road package.

Think it’s gonna be awhile.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Dude…. Launch Edition has been sold out for over a year, so the fact that I didn’t order until October 2020 should make it Super Obvious that I don’t have an LE configured.

No one who “ordered after me” will have an LE configured. It’s not possible.
It's absolutely possible. I preordered in Nov 2020. I have an LE configured. QED.

Oh well….. still willing to pay $10k for someone’s LE reservation of they’re willing to part with it.
There are a number of other threads with people offering to sell / people offering to buy. I suggest looking through the forum and commenting in those threads or even directly contacting the people who expressed interested in selling. It sounds like there a a lot more people willing to buy than there are people willing to sell.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's absolutely possible. I preordered in Nov 2020. I have an LE configured. QED.
how is this possible? According to both their configurator and my question when ordering and asking via live chat, LE has been sold out since late 2019. Please advise as obviously I’d love a Launch Edition. Seriously, how’d you do it?

·
Registered
56 Posts
how is this possible? According to both their configurator and my question when ordering and asking via live chat, LE has been sold out since late 2019. Please advise as obviously I’d love a Launch Edition. Seriously, how’d you do it?
When the configurator went live in Mid Nov 2020, it was open to existing preorder holders for about a week, then it was opened to everyone. They limited the number of LEs that they made available, but were not all used by the end of that initial week. The remaining LEs were open to anyone that wanted one. So, it is possible to have gotten one in Nov of 2020.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well….. it all makes sense now. I’m an idiot. I ordered in October 2021. Have no idea why that wasn’t making sense to me. Lol. I’ll edit OP. Sheeesh….. sometimes I wonder about me m…….

·
Registered
1 Posts
Obviously don’t have an LE that’s why I’m offering. Per my OP, I configured and deposited in October of 2020. Would gladly pay $10K for someone’s LE or even 2019 spot. Early 2020 would be considered too just to move up in line.

That being said…. Does anyone know if priority is being given based on order date or is configuration going to play a large role? Someone was saying they may run like all of one color for awhile so if you ordered in that specific color you may move up….. or if you have a Max-pack battery, you’ll be pushed down the list.

Anyone know if there’s any truth to those rumors?
I’ve got an early 2020 spot if you’re interested.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Serious Question. I didn't order until October, 2021 and am finding out that we may be waiting till 2023 or 2024.... Interested in possibly buying a slot that might otherwise be cancelled?

I ordered in 2019,I can have your Rivian Launch Edition to you within 3 months. All I ask is $15,000, which after you receive your $7,500 EV credit it’s really only $7,500 for a Paunch Edition Rivian. I have a few people interested and will make my decision and spec it out for delivery by this Wednesday

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered in 2019,I can have your Rivian Launch Edition to you within 3 months. All I ask is $15,000, which after you receive your $7,500 EV credit it’s really only $7,500 for a Paunch Edition Rivian. I have a few people interested and will make my decision and spec it out for delivery by this Wednesday

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I placed a deposit on 11/24/18 on a Rivian. I never completed a build out on color, model or any selection. I need to figure out what information is attached to my deposit.
If you are interested i will have to find out this information.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm still interested, but I got another off-road demo in a Bronco last weekend, and I think it's a better fit for the kind of off-roading I want to do. I'm definitely not cancelling my Rivian order - if I don't transfer my place in line, I'll buy it as well and then decide if it displaces my Bronco (hopefully to be received first) or my Tesla.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm still interested, but I got another off-road demo in a Bronco last weekend, and I think it's a better fit for the kind of off-roading I want to do. I'm definitely not cancelling my Rivian order - if I don't transfer my place in line, I'll buy it as well and then decide if it displaces my Bronco (hopefully to be received first) or my Tesla.

I’ve also test drive the Bronco but having an 150 pound dog and bi-weekly grooming need the truck bed! I have a reservation, but its a ways out and am interested. Will PM.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts