Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone opted for this over roof-mounted panels, would love to hear your thoughts. Also, if you went with battery bank for power storage, or went direct back to grid, like a more traditional solar array. Also, if there are options that are more competitive than Tesla Roof? Just starting to think about options. I have experience working with Revoluson on a 8kW 20 panel system but just researching roof applications. Thx

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
275 Posts
We are in NJ and have a nice sized installation on our roof that just feeds back into the grid. System is probably 8 years old at this point so at the time battery was just not financially wise. Love it, saves me a good amount of money a year.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey there, I have them. But then again I also own a solar installation company in W. MA. Happy to give advice. Oh, Tesla sucks...ABT
Awesome, what are the alternatives to Tesla Roof for a solar roof that I should look at / consider?

Also, what sort of gains should I anticipate (if any) when going full roof coverage VS. traditional solar panels? Thx.

·
Registered
7 Posts
34 Tesla solar panels here with 3 powerwalls. Located in Westerly Rhode Island. I wouldnt want to live without them, especially with the price of electricity going up here in RI in Oct. Ive had nothing but and awesome time with them and savings are incredible!

·
Registered
2022 Rivian R1T
29 Posts
Contemplating solar here in Hartford County, CT. Trying to figure out how/where/what to research. o_O

pat----

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, I know what I can get with solar panels, and I'm pretty comfortable with the payback period at 5 years or so. What I am curious about is the newer technology of installing an entirely solar roof. Something like Tesla has here: Solar Roof | Tesla

The payback period goes way, way out with solar roofing (not panels) with power walls, so curious about competitive alternatives and what else may be out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts