Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Prius, 2012 Tacoma, 2012 Vespa GTV300
256 Posts
Please explain “CRICKETS”
"(US slang, humorous or derisive) Absolute silence; no communication. Derived from the cinematic metaphor of chirping crickets at night, signaling (otherwise) complete quiet. May be used alone or in metaphorically descriptive phrases.

Since then, I've received no response. Not a word. Just... crickets.
We asked for an explanation, but all we heard was the sound of crickets."

·
Registered
435 Posts
I’m one of those having a lease expire in July and last word I’ve heard was my delivery was delayed until July. Better start working on my next choice.
My suggestion is to look at the residual value in your lease agreement. The car is probably worth more than the purchase price in the lease since used car prices are through the roof. You could probably exercise the purchase option from the lease, drive it until you get the Rivian and sell for what you paid for it (or more).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My suggestion is to look at the residual value in your lease agreement. The car is probably worth more than the purchase price in the lease since used car prices are through the roof. You could probably exercise the purchase option from the lease, drive it until you get the Rivian and sell for what you paid for it (or more).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have definitely considered that

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone had their R1S LE delivered ? If so, tell us about the delivery and the ride please
Nothing. Only weak platitudes and emails about the environment. Emails about their charging network, and how Rivian has restocked their online gear shop, but nothing about the freaking product that they sell.
Why is there silence about further delays? Well, we won’t answer that, but have you seen the interview RJ gave about the gear tunnel?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nothing. Only weak platitudes and emails about the environment. Emails about their charging network, and how Rivian has restocked their online gear shop, but nothing about the freaking product that they sell.
Why is there silence about further delays? Well, we won’t answer that, but have you seen the interview RJ gave about the gear tunnel?
Yes, their silence is something that seems to be one of their foremost attributes (?!?!)

·
Banned
473 Posts
"(US slang, humorous or derisive) Absolute silence; no communication. Derived from the cinematic metaphor of chirping crickets at night, signaling (otherwise) complete quiet. May be used alone or in metaphorically descriptive phrases.

Since then, I've received no response. Not a word. Just... crickets.
We asked for an explanation, but all we heard was the sound of crickets."
And the band with Buddy Holly. Don’t forget that

1 - 15 of 15 Posts