Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

Anyone torn between Adventure Package vs. Explore Package?

8K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  glaspinator 
#1 ·
I’m struggling between selecting the Adventure Package vs. the Explore package. I would prefer to stick with the Explore Package I selected, but really lamenting the fact that I won’t have a Power Tonneau Cover that only comes with Adventure Package. The more Luxury materials that Adventure Package offers does not appeal to me with consideration of how I would use this vehicle. However, the ease of use and functionality of a Power Tonneau cover is highly desirable. I feel that if I were to switch to Adventure Package I’d be paying $6,500 for that one option that I desire. Anyone think Rivian would offer this as an option or something that could be added on separately after the vehicle purchase?

#4 ·
I was mistaken, price difference is $5,500 between the two packages. I understand the Adventure Package includes several amenities beyond the Powered Tonneau cover. However these luxury amenities (Natural Grain Wood, Ventilated Seats, Chilewhich Floor Mats, etc.) don’t match the lifestyle for which I’ll be using this truck. items don’t lifestyle in which I’ll use this truck. I prefer interior materials to me more rugged and resilient to some of the dirtiness that comes along with such uses I identified. In addition to offering separate Powered Tonneau Cover I’d be interested in being add the upgrades sound system as well.

#6 ·
Read the rest, now see it was only $5,500. I personally could care less about the sound system, but, in terms of pricing, most manufacturers charge pretty significantly for their top of the line sound systems. So I guess $5,500 isn't that bad of a price for that, plus the tonneau and upgraded materials. Chevy charges around $7,000 just for the leather / materials upgrade (LT3 vs LT2) package. So I guess it's reasonable, even though the only thing I'll see the benefit from is the tonneau cover.

#5 ·
that was the key selling point for me as well. Thanks for point out to me that I agreed to pay $6,500 for a tonneau cover!! LOL. I hadn't thought of it that way until your post, which is exactly what I'm doing!! Still doing it though. I guess the resale value might be a little higher as a result. Rivian was smart at including a key piece in their upsell package, as most manufacturers do!

#7 ·
True, but to be clear the one thing that would force me to select the Adventure Package would be to have the Powered Tonneau Cover. Only mentioned upgraded sound system b/c if Rivian did offer it offer it as a standalone option I’d might select it too depending on cost. But I could care less about Chiliewhich Floor Mats, Microfiber Headliner, and National Grain wood. Just don’t don’t do anything to support the lifestyle in which I’ll use this truck. I prefer resilient materials vs. luxury materials with my truck.

#8 ·
I'm hoping they will come out with a super basic model after they start delivering the explore and adventure models. I love the design of the truck with the size and the gear tunnel. Other than that I really just want the 4 motors and bigger battery pack. The heated/cooled seats, auto pilot, interior, etc. can be as basic as they can get. Pretty much the Lightening Pro interior and everything else Rivian.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.